Thread: Cannot use wireless in Asus EEE PC 1001PX with multiple Oss

Cannot use wireless in Asus EEE PC 1001PX with multiple Oss

I am having Asus EEE PC 1001PX laptop. In my laptop there were windows Xp installed originally. Before some days I have installed windows 7 in my laptop and I have made dual boot. Now after installing the windows 7 in my laptop everything worked fine except wireless. I am not able to use warless in my laptop. Whenever I press F2 key for enable and disable wireless at that time it does nothing. Please give me solution to fix this issue.

Re: Cannot use wireless in Asus EEE PC 1001PX with multiple Oss

First of all I will suggest you to check whether you are able to use wireless in your windows XP or not. If you are not able to use wireless in windows Xp then I think you have to insert your Driver CD in your laptop and after that you have to install wireless driver in your Asus EEE PC 1001PX laptop. Now after installing the driver you will be able to use wireless. After doing that you have to do same thing in your windows 7 also. Some time when we use multiple operating system at that time this type of problem occurs and we have to fix this issue by reinstalling the drivers.

Well after reading your above solution I have installed warless driver from my driver CD and after that in my windows XP wireless started working normally but when I try to use warless in my windows 7 at that time I get the same problem. I have tried to fix this issue by removing the drivers and installing it again but it doesn’t make any difference. If anyone facing the same issue and have any solution regarding this then please help me with this. Any help will be appreciated.

I think you can fix this issue by doing following steps. First you have to open device manager in your laptop. now after opening the device manager you have to select network adapters and after that you have to select your device and then check whether it is enabled or not. If it is not enabled then enable it and after that try to use wireless in your Asus EEE PC 1001PX. I think after enabling the wireless you will not get any issue. Hopefully this solution will fix your issue.

According to me you are facing this issue because of the driver incapability. The drivers which you are trying to use in windows from your Driver CD are not compatible. If you want to fix this issue then I think you have to first download windows 7 compatible drivers in your laptop and after that install it in your laptop. Now after doing that you have to restart your Asus EEE PC 1001PX laptop and then try to use wireless in your laptop. I hope this solution will help you to fix this issue.

If you want to download windows 7 supported driver for your Asus EEE PC 1001PX laptop then I you can download this by clicking on this DOWNLOAD DRIVERS. Now after clicking this you have to select manual model select option and then select your laptop model and after that select your operating system. Now after that you will get the list of the drivers. From that you have to select warless driver and then download it and install it in your laptop. after installing that you will be able to use wireless in your laptop.

After looking at your post I have tried to fix this issue by enabling the warless from device manager but when I open the device manager at that time it was already enabled. Now after trying that I have downloaded windows 7 supported driver for my laptop from its official website and after downloading that I have installed in my laptop. Now after installing the windows 7 supported drivers I am able to use wireless in my laptop properly.