Thread: Hard Drive not working properly on Xbox 360-S

Hard Drive not working properly on Xbox 360-S

I was having some data on my old 120GB hard drive and few months back I have purchased the Xbox 360-S. I then transferred all my data from the old hard disk to the new Xbox 360 and got transferred very well. But after some days my hard disk started giving me some problems. It takes nearly more than 5 minutes just top up the dashboard when I boot up the console. It makes the brand new games to get it locked up while loading the games. So I purchased the 16GB flash drive am booted the console and then waited for 10 minutes to show the dashboard and then I copied the gamertag and been playing from the flash drive. But now if I insert the hard drive then it will take 5 minutes to load and then another 10 minutes to show it up after I select the “Memory”.

Re: Hard Drive not working properly on Xbox 360-S

Have tried to connect your old 120 GB hard disk and see whether you were able to load properly or not. If you have not yet tried that then you can try loading it with the old 120GB hard disk and see. If it is working well then there must be some problem with your new hard disk. So till the time you get your new hard drive repaired you can use the old hard drive to load it up.

It seems that you are having problem with your hard drive and not with the entire console. So I think you need to check if you have got a faulty hard disk. If you have got the faulty hard disk then you don’t need to worry much as you can get your hard disk replaced if you are still in the warranty period. You can call the Xbox support team to help you out and they will surely, help you to solve your issue.

Are you facing the same issue since you have purchased the Xbox 360S? If yes then there may be problem occurred after you have moved the content from your old hard drive to the new one. So you can try out thing to get it solved. You can try to reformat your hard drive. To reformat your Xbox 360S hard on the System info and then drive, you need to go to the settings and then click press the Y button, UP (left stick), Down (left stick),X, and A. this will delete all the data present in the hard drive even you saved games. So before formatting it you need to backup your things.

You can update your hard disk to ensure that it will solve any bugs that were in the earlier updates. Even after you make an update and see the similar issue, then you need to reset your Xbox 360. To do that you need to do:
    • If you are having any game disc then remove it and then put the new hard drive.
    • Now at the bottom, push the door flap and then copy the serial number that you see on the screen, as it will ask you to enter while reset.
    • Now turn ON the Xbox and go to the bottom of the dashboard. Select the “System Settings” and then press the ‘A’ button.
    • Go down to the memory and then press ‘A’
    • Select the ‘Hard Drive’ option from the list and then press the ‘Y’ button. After that select ‘Yes’ and again press the ‘A’ button.
    • Now you need to enter the serial number when it will prompt you. Select ‘Done’ and then press ‘A’.
    • After the hard drive is reset, go back to the dashboard and then you can save all you data back to the hard drive

Have you checked that all your games are properly working? You need to check all your games and see whether they are causing you the problem or not. Also as you said that you are able to play games through the pen drive but not with the hard disk, so see to it that you have connected your hard disk properly. If any of the connection is lose or not connected properly then it might give you such an issue.

Thank you guys! For all your suggestions, I had already made an update to my Xbox 360 and also all the connections were made proper but that did not work. So I have reset my Xbox 360S and now it is working properly without any issue. So I think that was the only option left for me to do it. But anyhow now it is working fine. And thank to all those who responded to my issue.