Thread: Can I travel with the Kindle on Airport

Can I travel with the Kindle on Airport

As I have my kindle and I am always travelling here and there. So I just wish to carry my kindle with me. Is it possible to carry kindle on airport? Is there any trouble with airport x-ray machine, if I carry my kindle? Anyone have any idea or have any experience with this? Are there any troubles regarding kindles and x-ray machines at the airports? Please let em know if anyone ever experience or has any idea about this.

Re: Can I travel with the Kindle on Airport

The last trip I took in may be last month that is in June, and I had carried my Kindle in my move. There was a bit of things to do in the scanning machine, and then the security person asked me if I had a Kindle in my bag. I said yes, and he said Kindle had to be carried out, like laptops. I was very frightened that in fact knew what a Kindle. I have taken a tour many times with my Kindle, and this is the first time I have called him out of the bag.

Flying from Heathrow this summer, the sign says it has all electronics and put on a tray, such as cameras and MP3. I did, and then the inspector had told me not to. "Not only in America where you have to do that?" No, I never had to do in the U.S., I was doing what this dense sign said. But it has been inconsistent in the Kindle. If you ask me if I have to take, they usually say yes.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. Whether you need to take your Kindle from US or not, depends on the agent of choice: the majority people know what a Kindle and do not look beyond what the X-ray machine that shows, others insist on exploring the Kindle itself. It is best not to discuss this with them, because there may be something else going on requesting further exploration.

I've never been asked to take my Kindle, which is going through security, but probably only want to get rid of me. I have a CPAP machine for me and that must be removed and usually pass through the bag and hoses must be a humidifier. And I have to replace the two roads, so we always set off the alarm and headed (is that a word?). My walker has to be checked by hand (bad hip and back). Now I have everything where it belongs, take my purse and place on my shoes, it senses as if it was a long day.

I've never been arrested or questioned about my K2 when I left in my purse. I traveled for the first time with my DX and X-ray technology asked me what was in my bag. I said it was a reader - who offered to take him out of my bag, and she said it was fine this time, but you should probably take the next time I flew it. I asked why my youngest player was fine and it was not, and she told me that anything bigger than your hand, is supposed to be scanned separately.

I would definitely make sure that the battery out at least some charge before passing through airport security. Inspectors are definitely well within their rights to ask to turn on any electronic device and show that it works (on the theory that a team can build fictitious control electronics with a bomb). If you have no power, you're likely to get "extra attention" of security, and think that they could decline to permit it in the plane.

My Kindle has just broken through the machine x-ray at the airport in San Diego Lindbergh. I have flown many times with him and not the problems, but this time I was reading it while waiting in the security line. I put the tray on his back and accidentally leave it as it rushed to take my belt, empty my pockets, shoes, watch, etc. When I saw through the screen is dried. It seemed as though somebody had taken a dab and cleaned semi the words on the page. Amazon is putting it back, but surly turn off the device.