Thread: Please suggest me a good portable music player

Please suggest me a good portable music player

I know that the ipod touch is "the" name in that form factor, if you are not looking for a phone, but I was wondering if there is something that is more cost effective. I need something that someone can carry in a blazer or pants pocket, and that has a decent amount of screen real estate. This is for someone who is pushing the higher end of middle age so something too small is going to be a bit hard on the eyes. Also, it does need to be easy to use.

Re: Please suggest me a good portable music player

I have a Nook Color. It certainly won't fit in any of my pockets or my purse, either. It feels heavy for its size (it's less than a pound). It's about 8 inches wide and almost 5 inches high. The Nook Color does a lot "as is" and supposedly you can easily turn it into an Android Tablet by using a microSDHC card. You then have the choice of using it either as the original Nook Color e-reader or as an Android tablet depending on whether you have the microSDHC card in the slot.

An iPod Touch is about the size of a smartphone. You can definitely carry it in a pocket and it's considerably lighter than the Nook Color. I think it's under $300 and the Nook Color is $249, so the price difference isn't that great. I think you're tied to iTunes if you want to do anything with the iPod Touch. The Nook Color does not offer a music buying and downloading service. It does play MP3 files and you can transfer files from your computer pretty easily over a USB connection.

It connects to the Internet through Wifi. It's very easy to use, but rather wretched for typing. There is an onscreen keyboard; the keys aren't tiny but it's still difficult to hit the right one every time. It would be more difficult if my fingers were bigger. Anything that will fit in an average pocket will have a small screen. The Nook Color does flash. I imagine an iPod that does video will support QuickTime, but that's a guess. I don't think iPods and Ipad do Flash. I can transfer MP4 videos to my Sansa Fuse, but the screen is very small. The picture is good but it's tiny.

My son and a few of his friends want to get a gift for a teacher. They decided to get him a music / video player and load it up with a set of lectures of someone’s public speeches and talks. They want something that is easy to look at, as they want to use video wherever possible. It's almost 4,600 speeches over the course of 4+ decades but only a fraction of them are on video. The boys are adamant that he won't carry around something that he needs to hold all the time, but he will keep something he can put in his pocket with him. They were thinking about the iPod classic which is very easy to use once you've had it explained, but the screen on that is quite small.

Hello according to me for you if cost is not a main issue so I would suggest you to go with IPod only. Why I am saying this because I am using IPod. And I am extremely happy with its all functionality. IPod give you much additional functionality than any other music player. It’s totally depended on you what you want to buy. But within my opinion go with IPod only. If you want to know more about IPod then tyr to find about it on Google. I am sure that you will like all its features thank you.