Thread: Kindle 3: Power button sticks

Kindle 3: Power button sticks

Does anyone have a problem with the slide switch of Kindle 3? Mine is falling back more slowly to the left for the day and at some point force is needed to push all the way right before the green light. I guess the whole process must be rapid and involve a minimum of force. Is there a quick detach for this or should I get in touch with Amazon immediately? I hate to piece with my Kindle. Also, I live in Tanintharyi and it will cost me much money and time to get fixed or replaced.

Re: Kindle 3: Power button sticks

The switch is very simple and very little can go wrong. However, tolerance in the manufacturing process can be different because the process is more refined. Maybe the bar is thicker and the case is thicker, it would require a big difference and this difference may also be affected by temperature changes. I suspect that if it is a problem of tolerance of change would be easier to slide into cooler environments.

I just read my K3 with breaks during the day, usually only get to read less than 10 minutes before putting it back into the screen saver. Today I took a few hours, and the green power button light is on, although I had not touched. Has anyone ever seen before? If so, it shows nothing terrible, like the impending outcome of the K3? In addition, the power button to stick a bit lately, and I wonder if it has something to do with it.

I obtained my replacement kindle and was undoubtedly by the right thing, it was which necessary to make. Way this button acts completely dissimilar than the power button on my original kindle. This exactly and slips down back and forward as it is assumed. My original of “stick" in by right position and after this remove back over to the left position after uncertainty. And are renowned that you don’t must return the original kindle as long as you will not obtain your replacement. So it is actual was’t any hassle.

We have 2 K3 in our home and two of them had the power buttons sticky at first. I just mine slid back and forth a few times and suddenly loosened. I'm not sure why this is so, but for us it has not posed any imminent death for the lights. A bit of silicone lubricant (or multi-use Teflon) applied for a second Q-Tip, will probably solve the problem for quite some time. Fish oil stick can work, too, if you happen to have a hand.

I gave away my original K3 and it’s a new one. It’s as well has sticky button. Along with the sticky button was a bit of a problem of battery discharge. The button seems to be much better and I haven’t noticed any rapid battery drain recently. I'm ashamed to admit it because I've been an advocate of "reconditioned are as good as new," but the reason I gave away my original K3 is because I was in my third refer replacement and seemed to be worsening. I mention this because it is the reason I have put up with sticky button battery discharge when not otherwise has.