Thread: Which kindle3 is good wifi or 3g

Which kindle3 is good wifi or 3g

I had decided to buy a new kindle but bit confused about 3g and wifi which one I should buy as I think there is not much price difference between them. I had readed few pages on net but I dint get anything can anyone suggest me which one is better 3g or wifi and why its seems to be better. Please suggest regarding this and thanks in advanced.

Re: Which kindle3 is good wifi or 3g

I had got kindle a month ago and I had bought it with an wi fi model and its really give me the longer battery life as I usually read on kindle and I don’t serve a net on it but I think 3g doesn’t serve anything. My friend is having a 3g model and I don’t think so he is able to use that 3g features. Wifi is what you will get the connection any where you want but for 3g I think you need to pay for it. Well best of luck for whatever you choose.

I don't think so you should select in whatever you’re comfortable well it all depends on the use of kindle. I’m having a 3g version I bought it as I usually go to the place where wifi is not available and if it is available then it is very much difficult to search for it. So it’s better to have a 3g where you will get an access where ever you want. My neighbor is having the wifi model and it also works good but the problem is with the accessing of net in it.

Well I’m having the kindle 2 and kindle 3 and seldom. And I make a use of 3g when I’m at home as my broadband wifi connection is at home. I’m having the ipad so I use book by making use of synchronization method on ipad when I’m not having a internet access. So just think that how much time you will be away from the wifi range and depends on that buy the product. And if your are planning to do lots of browsing in the then I should remind you that the browser is not much good and it is only useful for the simple site like Gmail.

I’m having the model which is having a wifi which I can disable it whenever I want. I use to download and then transfer it through the usb and after that I don’t use any web features. Well I think 3g is the best it will let you download the book even if you are far away from the wifi. You just need to spend the $50 to get the wifi feature. But I think wifi is also good as from that you will surely get high data transfer speed than the 3g.

It all depends on where you’re planning to read and how. If most of the time you are reading e-books and not surfing the web or not downloading any blog posts and even news from the Kindle magazine subscription then you will be most likely okay by making an irregular Wifi connection. But if your planning to take it somewhere out in the country and you wanted to browse for new e-books a lot then the 3G will be the best option