Thread: Do you wish for the simple Ereader?

Do you wish for the simple Ereader?

E-readers have followed an abnormal demographic adoption curve intended for a consumer electronics product. The primary buyers were similar to those of many additional tech products buyers but the most of them were female in keeping the book-buying routine in a physical books. They were concerned to the crisp display as well as high contrast for the e-paper displays. And a lot of them were attracted through a focused product which permits them to focus on the text devoid of distraction of additional media type. So my question to you is that what do you, individually, choose within an ereader and what do you believe about the future of ereaders?

Re: Do you wish for the simple Ereader?

The only thing that I want from that is to read. So I like an e-reader that is just an e-reader. I like my kindle for the reason that it is not back-lit, I spend adequate time looking at back-lit items. I don't want anything with internet access otherwise games otherwise something else. I don't desire a tablet or anything else that is weighty as compared to my kindle. I don't want backlit. I am entirely happy through my kindle the way it is, and if they transform it, I possibly won't buy a new one.

I don't require my kindle or ereader to do anything other than let me read books. That is why I bought it. I have a coffee machine for making coffee, water kettle for heating water and in the same way my kindle lets me read books. I require it to be non backlit otherwise I can't read on it and what it does presently is well for me. For those that desire bells as well as whistles through their books, they previously contain the smart phones with tablets to perform that. It ought not to be one otherwise any additional as they can co-exist. There are some items which do better like single use and not the whole thing.

My dream machine is a tablet through an LCD mode as well as an e-ink mode thus I don't require 2 tablets like devices. I believe dedicated readers will wait around to provide the niche of avid readers (particularly the older crowd) that choose cheap as well as the simple to use reading devices. I could see that go away over time once the older generations are gone and the world, at least in first world countries are full of tech-savvy poeple who have grown up to be online at all times. Ereaders only goal may be too small to hold a market at that time. But that's a good way.

I'm actually thinking about using an iPhone, but not to read. On the other hand, I can think of situations in progress on a dedicated electronic book with no other option would indeed be preferable. For example - this is a yet untapped market if ereaders schools provide for students, I think the last thing you want is for the Birds Angry children playing instead of reading Catcher in the Rye. But maybe that would be impossible to avoid, because the other thing I foresee is that most people will have more than one device.

I am very easily distracted and simplicity as the Kindle is. With my Nook Color I can browse the web, go on Facebook, check my email (can be on the Kindle, too, but not as functional) so you end up doing that, or play instead of reading. With my Kindle, I know that is limited in speed, so do not mess with the browser and more while I have some games on it, is not the type to sit and play constantly.