Thread: Converts from nook to Kindle DX

Converts from nook to Kindle DX

I am currently having the nook which is original but recently I observed that the Kindle DX and I liked the size of that. I am getting older and only acquired bi-focals. I want to ask that is there any converts as of the nook to the Kindle DX? If that is the case then what do like about the Kindle DX that outweighs the nook? If you have anything to comment on then please post that over here. I am waiting for the replies. Thank you.

Re: Converts from nook to Kindle DX

I took benefits of the DXG that was running and I like this thing. I mostly exercise it for reading PDF’s that do not show well lying on the Nook or K3. I also like reading my usual eBooks on my DX also, because my eyes are going buggy like you. In the comparison of the original Nook, it is having larger screen, and pearl-eink. It seems a little on the slow side, but it could be the PDF’s I am using. This is my experience with this. Let’s see that what other people say regarding it.

The main benefit with the DX as posted above is the screen size is large as compared to others. It works decently for PDF's which are usually formatted to print on a standard sized page. And you can switch it to landscape viewing for just a bit more zoom. If you have a lot of PDFs that really need to stay in that format, it's going to work better than one of the smaller screen devices. I've even successfully used it for sheet music. So going for the Kindle DX will be a very good option for you.

I like looking at an e-ink screen because it's so much convenient on the eyes and the Kindle DX just gives you more screens. It's great for people with bad eyesight, who are increasing the font sizes because the big Kindle DX makes you feel like you are still getting a full page of text. The only real disadvantage is that it's a little heavier, so it's harder to hold. I recommend using a Kindle jacket that doubles as a stand, because then you can prop up your Kindle DX and read it without using your hands! And there's one other big drawback to the Kindle DX: once you start using it, you'll never want to go back to a six-inch screen.

If for someone whose eyesight is good enough then portraits will probably functions properly. There are some zooming controls but I believe that it will not function properly because it doesn't go fast enough for page switching. Amazon actually has some Kindle formatted sheet music that are mostly classical piano stuff. But making it a PDF with the smallest possible margins is probably going to be your best bet. Note that page turns aren't super fast, so you have to get used to when you have to hit the button so that it will turn when you're ready for it. You'd want to rehearse with it for sure and not just jump on it for a performance.

If you are using that in landscape mode then you are only going to get half a page but it will be bigger but there will be more page turns.* And sometimes there's overlap so one "page" actually is 3 pages in landscape. Now, if you need to be able to see more than one page at a time, it's not going to work well.* I play flute with our church group but sometimes I'm playing a written part and sometimes just improvising from the chords or playing one of the choral parts. So a lot of times I need two, maybe 3 sheets easily available for my eyes to stray.

I bought the actual Kindle DX a few months after it came out because of the influence of the enablers on kindleboards.* I loved it, but since I've had K3, I read on it all the time because the font is darker.* I have to have a small device for carrying with me. You should keep in mind that the screen size is a little smaller than a standard sheet of paper (which is 8-1/2 x 11), so PDFs look smaller on the DX than on a print-out on letter-size paper.* I have never been satisfied with reading PDF magazines on the DX, because they look small, can't be resized and are not dark enough.