Thread: Unable to receive Text messages in LG Optimus V

Unable to receive Text messages in LG Optimus V

I got LG Optimus V two months back and until yesterday it did not showed any glimpse of problems with it. Recently I come across this issue with unable to receive any text messages/SMS in my LG Optimus V mobile phone. I already restarted my mobile phone several times but was unable to find any solution for the issue. This is very frustrating at the moment. After restarting the mobile phone, I receive messages for some time and then the device again starts causing issues. Please, Kindly kelp me solve the problem.

Re: Unable to receive Text messages in LG Optimus V

You might not be receiving SMS/ text messages in your mobile phone due to the network issues. So you should make sure that you are getting enough network in your mobile phone. Any issue related to SMS, Messaging services, call services are completely dependent on the network signal you are receiving in your mobile phone. So, if you seem to be getting low signals, the problem might occur. I would suggest you to try texting your friends and family members from an open space area where you will be receiving enough network signal.

You should probably contact the service provider and get the necessary help and information about anything related to network from them. You should probably ask them to help you in solving the issue because they are the people who have got complete knowledge about why you are not receiving text messages (SMS) in your mobile, whether the issue is because of the low network or not and what possible suggestion can work on this issue.

There is one reason which I think would be a reason behind you not able to receive any Text messages in your LG Optimus V mobile phone. The issue can occur if the number of messages stored in your mobile phone has already reached its limit. If its full, then you won’t be able to receive anymore messages unless you delete some from your device. So, I would suggest you to first delete few messages from your device and then check whether you are still facing the issue or not.

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your quick response. I really appreciate the help. I made sure that the message inbox of my mobile is not full. I even deleted the entire list of stored messages in my LG Optimus V mobile phone. But unluckily I was not able to solve the issue at all, even after removing all the stored messages from my mobile phone. Also, the customer care is blank about the issue. So, can anyone tell me what should I do now?

You need to update the firmware as well as the Operating System installed in your LG Optimus V mobile phone. So, you should update the firmware of your LG Optimus V mobile phone by connecting your mobile phone to your computer system which has already installed LG PC Suite in your computer. Also make sure that you are updating the Android installed in your mobile to its latest available update. Make sure that you are updating your mobile by connecting it to the official website of LG mobiles and Android.

No one other than the hardware professional or any technically sound person can resolve your problem. You should show your LG Optimus V mobile phone to any nearest mobile store who are authorized dealer of mobile phones, especially LG mobiles. OR LG Custoer Care Center would be much better. The professionals available in the store can help you solve the problem in the most efficient way.