Thread: Macro mode in Canon PowerShot SX30 IS

Macro mode in Canon PowerShot SX30 IS

Hello guys, pardon for troubling you actually I had recently purchased a Canon camera and I have problem with my macro mode, as it was not performing as what I thought of, and while being macro mode when I tried to take a closeup pictures of any object, the picture what I want to capture use to be blurred kinda and the other thing aside to it seem to be clear, only the object of which I am taking Snap Is coming blurred and while the my previous Canon camera have excellent macro power and but I think this feature have been lacking in this mode, Is this a bugs or something else, as I am totally confuse about it!! Please help me to get this problem solve if possible. Thanks

Re: Macro mode in Canon PowerShot SX30 IS

I don’t think that Canon PowerShot SX30 have any such bugs in it, and I had never heard of this problem, this may be happening as if you have done some changes in setting, or and be sure that your retracted properly, so first be sure with this thing and if possible tell about the setting you have set in Macro mode, as if any changes have to be made after that, I will guide you about it set by step.

First it not a bugs, not even a hardware problem, while it happen due to selection of wrong mode or may be if you don’t handle you camera properly, and most importing while using Canon PowerShot SX30 IS, is if you are in Macro mode, don’t Zoom and then click the snap, and if you clicking a photo while zooming that thing then , then be ready for getting blurred pictures.

Do you know much about setting in Canon PowerShot SX30? So first check whether while being in Macro mode are your camera in AE mode or not and whether the Auto focus has been on or off, as while Auto Focus are consider as great but something while clicking Snap your should direct toward Manual Focus Option, as choosing this option while help your much better and your picture will get much sharper then while being in Auto mode.
    Note: Manual focus could be enabled by clicking on the left end side of the "wheel" on the backside of the camera. And it will be presented in numerous of the shooting modes.

As you can also get the your pictures more clear while being taking Snap of Close object by selecting Manual focus instead of Auto focus, as while many time it use to happen that light sensor not able to detect the outside brightness properly and you can also use P mode for getting sharp close picture, As while using P mode you can also rely on Auto Focus, it will work great, first your try this and then tell me about the result

As while reading your question first I thought that this could some problem in your Device but afterwards reading the Manual properly and approx on page 74 or 73 it have been mention about this function on that book, as this model is much different from Sx10 and also from Sx20 and Canon have merge the quality and features of both in Sx30 as the former camera just have Super Macro mode and standard Macro which might have Zooming option but there are some limitation on it also, as while in Sx30 have a sole Macro Mode and that also without any Zooming features but it will focus upto 0-50cm/1.6ft. And the while reading the review it has been mention clearly that it have very sharp focus in Macro mode, so if you use Manual Focus option than your will out with the best quality of pictures.

Thank you guys for telling me about this feature, I had tried using Manual focus in Macro mode and no while clicking the snap I don’t use to zooming anymore and now I am not getting any blurred picture, as I had though this is some mistake in my device but now I am confirm that it is alright and as you guys suggest I gone to the proper manual book of Sx30 IS, thanks once again guys.