Thread: CHDK issue with my Canon PowerShot SX10

CHDK issue with my Canon PowerShot SX10

Hello everyone hopes you are having a nice weekends, actually I want to discuss one of my problem with you, I hope you will help me out, I have a Canon PowerShot SX10, and let me tell you it the one of the best camera I had ever seen, actually I am in search of the firmware version for my Canon sx10 and I not able be transfer version.req in my SD card, so someone over here know that I there another way to locate firmware version, thanks in advance.

Re: CHDK issue with my Canon PowerShot SX10

I think you will require to utilize a card reader for this purpose for transfer files to the card and while talking about card tricks, you can find various trick about it on the net and then by using trick or can use CHDK and best of luck for it, as this really works and its in actuality works for me too, so I am sure it will prove to effective solution for you, and after this also if it doesn’t works for you than let me know about, I will provide you the site link from where you can read about the step for trick

First you have to know about the current version of firmware version on your camera and simply turn it on and capture a object then after copy the image on your computer and now download the camera Version application by clicking here and after downloading it simply extract the zip file and then double click on the file ie., CameraVersion11.exe and you the firmware be installed in your camera.

Camera Version is a little Windows instrument that supports in finding the genuine firmware version of a Canon PowerShot camera. Which are base on Phil Harvey's ExifTool, it confirm the firmware version based on the EXIF data which are from a Canon JPG image. So first use ExifTool and with it also use SFX download file and there are numerous input that are types or drag 'n drop and fileselect box and it will display the full camera name and also the edition version, and please ignores all Non-Canon JPG, this is very effect and you can use it and it will a effective tool for you.

First download the file from this link it the latest version (1.3) and this file is achive which will be extract auto after downloading and it consist of CameraVersion.exe,which is the executable file and It also consist of CameraVersion.au3, which is a source code and this archive will also include the exiftool.exe, so almost whatever you need for firmware will be included in this and you wont face any difficulty while downloading.

Are you using a 8GB card, which is normally used by the Canon PowerShot SX10 camera user, so let me tell that it is the main place where you are getting the problem and while if I say then it is happening if you are using a FAT16 for your 8GB card as 4GB is the maximum limit for using FAT16 and after that it don’t operate properly, so I think if use desire to use FAT16 then you have work with 4GB SDHC cards. Hopes this information will help you.

Yup even I had the same problem and was not able to upgrade to latest version firmware on my Canon, I had made the ver.req and pasted it too the root directory and even after doing it is still showing me1.0.1.0 version firmware, so I had simply used the CHDK and it had really worked for me, so I guess you should also try this, as this is really working and not much complicated trick.