Thread: What you think is it better to use 430EX flash with Canon G12

What you think is it better to use 430EX flash with Canon G12

I'm planning of getting a digital camera; Canon would probably go with G12. Well, I have some query. Anyone have a 430 that I use with G series, mainly the G 11/12? If so, what are your opinions? 430 is heavy when used in Series G. is too heavy, too much of a strain on the shoe and the whole thing seems fine? I do not recommend anything, or that the 430 seems to offer the most hits and the characteristics of the application G12? I hope all the answers; really be glad about the one so please share your opinions.

Re: What you think is it better to use 430EX flash with Canon G12

I make use of the 430EX II with my G9 and G11. Functions great for me, and I do not think too big. I like the capability to twist the flash head, and also work with the ST-E2 wireless transmitter I have. On the other hand, a group of other members has opted for a smaller size with a bounce head, 270EX, 270EX II or the new. The lower model does not have a swivel head. The 430EX is an incredible companion to any camera G. Yes, it's too heavy, but not as scratchy as you imagine.

I use a 430EXII on my G11, which is essentially the same camera as the G12, but can give a dark place. I am pleased with the results, especially as they bounce off the roof of a softer light. Yes, it's a little immense, but indeed not too big for comfortable use. When I take the camera with the flash connected to the cot in dispense the way you cleave in hand, the body in the arm. Flash in the hand, the camera resting on my arm.

I started with a 380 on my G9, but quickly went to the 430 instead. I like the pan and tilt feature. When I set it down, I am so camera flash and rely on what I took it. The hot shoe is too strong to knob the circumstances. If you can live with its limitations, the size / weight / 270EX complement the G12 looks good, I imagine. Take into account that it may also be able to use only the Pentax flash. I used a Nikon SB-28 with my G12 successfully.

G11/12 is great deal with the 430EX and 580EX, and flashes from Metz, but the camera becomes a bit higher part / intense, so prefer to use a petite 270EX with my G11. The camera feels a morsel balanced with the weight and size 430. You can throw 80 ISO and aperture priority. It would be very noticeable with the ISO image quality, along with 430 EX. I frequently bring into play the older 420EX on my G12 and stumble on it very positive.

Any EX guns works very well, so you can choose among 5 series, 4 series, 3 series and 2 series models. As pointed out the big guns are best mounted in an instant, when combined with a G is a bit too heavy. You do not have to buy a new one, so you can save some money on a second hand unit. While the simplest of guns is nice and small with some useful features, but at a higher level, the biggest guns offer great flexibility

I employ the 430EX on the G11 a couple of epoch and it works great. I do not assume I use it as a solution for daily b / c I do not resemble how heavy it is superior, but it functions well. Most times, if I'm in a static environment (vacations, family reunions, etc) I use the 430EX off-camera in combination with a pair of Nikon SB-26 through the CTR-301P wireless technology permit recipients / and find what best suits my style of shooting. That, of course, becomes the "strobist" type of photography, but I am very satisfied with the outcome of my photos with this technique.