Thread: Canon S95 not working properly

Canon S95 not working properly

Hi I had recently purchased my new Canon s95, and I must say that it clicks fabulous photos. But since last week it is not working properly, it was working really well till then but then after I don’t know what happened to it, the photos were not coming proper! And seeing this I was not happy at all. Can anyone tell me what’s going wrong with my camera please help.

Re: Canon S95 not working properly

I am really felling sad for you and I will try my level best in helping you out, but can you please let me know how the pictures are coming? Are you able to click the photos or they are even clicking is the problem? Or have you damaged your camera physically by dropping it or something as that might have caused this problem.

Firstly I would like to thank you for your quick reply. I would like to tell you that whenever I click any picture the picture comes almost fade with no clear image!!! And I have not damaged my camera by dropping it or mistreated in any way. Hence now I am not able take any clear photos on my camera! Is anyone having this similar problem? Please share your views.

Ok I got the point but have you tried taking the printout of the clicked photos as it may be that the problem might be with the display itself whereas the photos might be proper. So I would like to suggest you to try taking a photo and take a printout of it as it will clear out the doubt of weather the problem is with the display or some other problem.

Thanks for the suggestion I tried clicking the photo and taking its printout then after but even the printout seems to be coming the same way i.e. almost fade with lines all over!!! I even tried doing some things like pulling out the battery and reinserting it again, reinserting the card but none of them turned out to be working; I am still getting the same kind of pictures! Any other suggestion?

Here is an option that you can try out.
    Go to Menu
    Select Restore factor settings and click on Set
    Now select MED size image.
    And then turn OFF all Menu options that 'modify' camera calculations/handling.
    I think that this will work. Good luck