Thread: Which camera is good for travelling purpose out of Canon G12 and Olympus Pen E-PL1?

Which camera is good for travelling purpose out of Canon G12 and Olympus Pen E-PL1?

Hi this year I will be going to Korea for holidays with my family. So I was planning for buying a good camera for capturing those moments. Currently I have my 20d canon and some film cameras that I was planning to take along for the holidays but my Dad prefers taking more compact "high end" camera. So I was looking for Canon G12 or Olympus Pen E-PL1 as both seems to be very good, I wanted to take some suggestions from you all. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Which camera is good for travelling purpose out of Canon G12 and Olympus Pen E-PL1?

Hi you are choosing the best so comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges. As both the cameras are best in their own way, you cant compare them They can't be compared. But I personally think that Canon G12 is more complicated and shoot camera that takes great photos. And the Add-on lenses are not all that practical I don’t know much about Olympus Pen E-PL1.

Re: Which camera is good for travelling purpose out of Canon G12 and Olympus Pen E-PL1?

Hi I am using Olympus Pen E-PL1 and I personally feel it to be very good and it has a step up from a point and shoot that takes fantastic photos. I have few different lenses for it, two Inon strobes and the Oly housing. As I don’t know much about Canon G12 but I guarantee you that you will love using Olympus Pen E-PL1.

Hi if you looking for size of the camera then I would like to suggest you to go with the Canon S95, and if not Canon S95 then go for Canon G12. As the best thing that with Canon G12 is that you can change your ISO, exposure compensation, etc with the dials on the camera instead of going to menus. As even I am using Canon G12 for myself and planning to buy Canon S95 for my little brother.

Hi I am looking for a similar type of camera and I would really prefer buying EPL-1. As EPL-1 has a better sensor as compared to G12 as G12 has a basic high end p/s. I would like to suggest you buy s95 as that is much better than G12 as S95 has an outstanding little camera but has a small sensor. Whereas even EPL-1 looks a better option and it has good image quality.