Thread: Finding hard to adjusting PowerShot S30 digital off switch and lens cover

Finding hard to adjusting PowerShot S30 digital off switch and lens cover

I contain a PowerShot S30 digital camera and comprise a difficulty through the lens cover / power switch on and off. The lens cover has a slight hollow within it, as if the camera has been compressed commencing front to back at a number of points. The sliding stroke of the lens cover experiences a small rough and has begun on the way to scratch the exterior of the front of the camera. Can you propose what the difficulty possibly will be caused through the parties and are probable to necessitate replacement to solve the difficulty? How much have you identify the reason of the difficulty and afford a price estimate to repair it? Would you be capable to send the parts straightforwardly, if I am able to identify the difficulty myself? How do you unlock the case of the S30?

Re: Finding hard to adjusting PowerShot S30 digital off switch and lens cover

If you feel lucky, look for hidden screws under the doors, flaps, and stickers, rubber and other parts. By means of screws hidden camera is cleaner. Parts coating is resecured by rubber cement or replaced. It can also be a pressure seal (?) The need to tighten a cap ‘pops' the seal apart. Some covers must be removed in order. Do not mix the screws. An incorrect size screw be able to injure things if place inside the wrong place at what time putting it reverse mutually. Take cover; put the screws to the side of the deck where they go. Perhaps the tape can keep them straight if you hit the table

The lens cover slide mechanism has two small sprockets. One of them was broken, and debris prevented the complete opening of the cover. The debris removal solved the problem. The cover is a little shaky, with the wheel, but good features of the camera. Thus, moving the camera, putting a knife under the deck, etc can help, but I do not try it because I knew the cause. And, of course, these violent methods are dangerous. It could also follow the second way: open the box.

Take the front. There is an electrical connection to the main assembly. You can take that to facilitate the work, but not too much! Release the "blockade" in the main assembly, then the ribbon cable is loose. In addition to the opening of the lens is a metal fin with 3 screws, through at the moment ineffective on / off switch subsequently to it (unfortunately I could not take a picture of it at the same time as the camera was open). Remove the 3 screws, careful, there are two sources of this part. Remove the small transparent part that has become visible.

I have a powershot S30. He had the wrist strap camera car taking photos. Camera dropped about 4 inches and hit the steering wheel while the wrist with a strap and died with the goal stood. Even with a new battery is not going to happen. The lens does not go and does not light. Other than that, is in outstanding condition. I am an electrician and utilize to fix things and I have already disassembled, but found nothing that looked damaged or misplaced. I was hoping you may know somewhat about me to see or find. THD door switch seems fine.

If the battery cover is removed, you must reinstall the cover before you can install. In addition, annoying, the camera cannot be activated (and therefore the repair cannot be tested), until I messed up the front cover again (although I have not tried the screw by screw). There is a flat metal plate that fastens on the way to the top left of the inside of the face cover and glide from additional parts during gathering. It seems to be intended to be connected by two rivets, but one of my rivets out (do not know if I did or not), and the other end did later with my thrusts.

My camera is a Powershot S45. Comparatively soon subsequent to acquire was developed troubles through the sliding door. The original symptom is that infrequently at what time the camera is activated through opening the slide. Subsequent to three years of utilize, unexpectedly turn out to be extremely complicated to close the lid. Might be blocked somewhere in between. Sliding the door back and forth a few times usually allow the door closes completely, but this made the camera difficult to work.