Thread: After ram upgrade Acer d255 not booting up

After ram upgrade Acer d255 not booting up

I have Acer 5520G which is installed with the Windows 7 operating system on it. I recently upgraded my ram in Acer D255 Dual Core. Now when I press the power button, then all LEDs are ON in the laptop, but laptop will not start. Only the screen is blank and has not been any commotion in high definition. I cannot understand if the problem I am facing is due to defective hardware or software? Suggest some solutions, if anyone has had problems with the starter. Thanks in advance.

Re: After ram upgrade Acer d255 not booting up

All laptops are facing the issue of residual charge. The residual charge lay up near the RAM chips. If this occurs, then the system is not able to access the RAM chips. If the system is not capable to access the system RAM, then you will be able to load the operating system. So, to eliminate the residual indict of the laptop, shut your notebook and disconnect the AC supply. Detach the laptop battery. Cleave power key for about 25 sec and again attach the battery and then try to start the laptop.

I think the HDD of the laptop has gone bad due to which it is not able to load the operating system. If the hard drive of the computer develops a fault then the laptop will not be able to start with the OS. There are many HDD analytical tools obtainable which can be used to find if there are any issues with the HDD. Download one such diagnostic tool and run all its tests on the hard drive. If there are any faults with the hard drive which cannot be solved then you will have to replace the hard drive

There is CMOS battery which is in charge for retaining all the adjustments desired to boot the computer. Uncase the laptop and find the battery on the motherboard of the laptop. Remove the battery and test the voltage across the battery with a multimeter. The voltage should be amid 2.5 volts and 3 volts. If the battery voltage is beneath 2.5 volts, replace the battery and see if the laptop is started or not.

It seems to be a condition that your laptop was functioning appropriately before upgrading the RAM memory. So there would be some issue with RAM memory. May be you have not installed RAM properly. So check that it is setup suitably such that all chips maps each other. The other thing might be that RAM module is not compatible, so verify that it is the upgraded one which you were having before.

Attempt entering into BIOS on boot up and notice if the HDD and/or the memory are identified there. During this make definite you have nothing besides plugged in when starting up; i.e., no peripherals, no externals. The other thing includes RAM could be merely bad. For that attach it in other supported device also aim exchanging the socket than the previous one. This stuff you have to verify for to make your laptop booted again.

If your laptop is new or under warranty and if you are not able to perform these steps then I will you to take the laptop to the Acer support center. Usually these laptops are under 1 year company warranty or of more period if you have extended one. So Acer support center offer troubleshooting tips which you can acquire by contacting them or place your laptop to the support center as they will recognize the same.