Thread: Is it possible to use shot AA rechargeable batteries on powershot a series

Is it possible to use shot AA rechargeable batteries on powershot a series

I am investigating the reason of the very less life of rechargeable Ni-MH PowerShot sequence cameras on the way to the make use of dual AA battery. I have the A540, but I've read similar complaints similar to a number of Canon cameras. I wonder how many pictures you more often than not acquire a set of recently charged set of AA batteries. To keep things dependable, I necessitate knowing how a lot of shots you obtain through every photos through flash and the LCD. Through alkalines, you acquire 90; however through Ni-MH occasionally simply receive among 5 and 10 earlier than the low battery indicator starts flashing and a total of 20-30 previous to the camera closes. Through every answer, please point to the camera model. Thank you I am waiting for your replies.

re: Is it possible to use shot AA rechargeable batteries on powershot a series

There possibly will be an additional variable - the brand of rechargeable Ni-MH. I utilize Panasonic, Energizer, Sanyo and marks on my A700 and have not at all had a difficulty through the battery life of those. Nevertheless, unfortunately, in addition purchased a number of "off the mark" Ni-MH rechargeable and establish their life shooting used for trash subsequent to simply a small number of recharges. What may well be a variable? An additional difficulty possibly will be the charger - if it is not smart sufficient on the way to chargers charge every cell individually, after that it is probable that the burden off all batteries the moment a battery that is within "full load".

I comprise twelve of the Digital Concepts battery within my case the camera (two are within the camera) to maintain completely charged. I have simply a 256 MB card provide me 146 images. Within a completely charged position I am capable to obtain among 100 images and a full card earlier than the low battery pointer lights. This is with flash and LCD screen. Of course, you're shooting individual subsequent to an additional, immediately the flash recharge cycles and after that I have toward change the batteries and card. Subsequent to the indicator lights I have regarding five earlier than it dies completely.

It appear that the shear of the Canon A540 is not universally companionable through the discharge voltage curve of Ni-MH and utilize of a battery is discharged through a voltage higher than the cutoff voltage is the key. I will not be able to run my stress test on my A540; however at what time I comprise the numbers that post. Meanwhile, I'm testing a latest position of Energizer 2500mAh batteries and comprise a number of Sanyo eneloops disembark within the mail. The eneloops demonstrate a comparatively high voltage graph within testing and provide me much superior results.

I had the A610 and at the moment own an A40 and A520, mutually through a S2IS. The A520 is actually bad for the life of the NiMH battery in favor of me. Basically on my every camera I am utilizing 2300 MHZ and 2500 MHZ Energizer NiMH batteries. The A610, which possibly will effortlessly get hundreds of pictures through my A40. Within my 520, I am regularly struggling to preserve their power as a result that I approximately stopped with it. My Power Shot S2 however has reached on the way to 400 shots, and a single position of 4 batteries.

It appears that the PowerShot A-series, which utilize four AA batteries, do not contain much of a difficulty through the battery life as with two cells. With 4 cells, the higher voltage allows the same power with half the current, so the power consumption of the cells is 50% less and the voltage does not drop nearly as much during use. Looking at it from the reverse, when going from 4 cells to 2 cells, you have to get twice the current for the same amount of energy, the battery life suffers.

Re: Is it possible to use shot AA rechargeable batteries on powershot a series

I established two responses from Canon within response on the way to my email support request. The first respond I referred on the way to the withdrawal for the spring resting on the battery door. At what time I assured them that the camera was not exaggerated through the recall, his second answer, I said the dissimilar brands of alkaline batteries perform another way. I obviously told them twice that they were working very well and alkaline that my difficulty was simply through Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.