Thread: Sound of incoming call is very less in Dell Streak

Sound of incoming call is very less in Dell Streak

I just received Dell Streak from my brother. He was using it before but now he gifted the same to me as he is using Apple iPhone 4. I like this phone a lot. It is really a next generation phone. I used it for 3 days and have noticed this particular issue in my Dell Streak. Everything works well and good with the device except its sound quality which is always low when I receive incoming calls in my device. Cam anyone tell me why the volume is so low? What must be the issue? Please help me guys.Also the Dell Streak which i am using is running Froyo, Android 2.2

Re: Sound of incoming call is very less in Dell Streak

Usually there is an option available in your device to increase and decrease the volume while on call. You can control this with the help of the volume up and the volume down key. Make sure that you are doing these changes while you are in call. So, I will suggest you to do the same and check out whether the issue which you are facing gets resolved by making use of this volume up and the volume down key to increase and decrease the volume respectively while in call.

I also faced this issue with my device a while back and after searching about the issue a lot on Internet I came across this particular solution which solved my problem. The solution is nothing big shot and it is very simple also. Actually you will find a protective covering over the earpiece side of your Dell Streak. Just remove it and you will find the difference in the volume while you are in call. This did helped me out, so try your luck.

According to me you must do Hard Reset in your Dell streak. This will roll back the manual settings which you did in it to the original settings which were available in your device by default. May be then you will be able to get clear sound while you are receiving incoming calls in your Dell Streak. I am not sure whether this will actually be helping you or not, but it is worth a try, so please try to do Hard reset in your device.

There are few posts already available in TechArena forum which have explained different methods to do Hard Reset in Dell Streak device. So, I will recommend you to visit those thread and get the necessary information on How to perform Hard Reset in Dell Streak. Click on the link and follow the steps as mentioned there. Don’t miss any of the steps. Once done with them, check out whether the issue still exists or is solved.

It seems to me hardware issue to me. It can be possible that the speaker of your Dell Streak might have got corrupted. And as the speakers are acting faulty, it is for sure that you will be getting low volume while you are in call. So for this issue, the only solution is to get your device repaired. You should contact any Dell Care Center which is closest to your place and get your device checked and then repaired if any problem is detected.

I followed as suggested. Made sure that the volume is high enough that I can hear clearly, but that did not helped me solving the issue. Now, I also feel that there is something wrong with the hardware of my Dell Streak only. So, I have decided to visit the Dell Store and get the device checked by them. If they find anything suspicious, then the only option I am left with it getting the issue resolved by sending my Dell Streak for repairing.

I aslo faced same issue and fixed it finally by using LauncherPro.
    It seems in coming call volume adjust is not visible in setting menu.
    Please try followings.
    1. Install Launcherpro from which is free.
    2. Add widget with "Volume control" button.
    3. Adujust "Voice call volume" maximise.

Hope it helps on your Streak too.