Thread: Autofocus is malfunctioning in Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder

Autofocus is malfunctioning in Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder

I just purchased the Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder and shot about 10 minutes of video and I realized that it is already showing problems. The problem was with the auto focus. I am finding the focus to be little wavy and blurred as well. I don’t any such issue with my other camcorders. Dows anyone knows what must be the issue with the Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder of mine. I am unable to understand what to do. Please help me.

re: Autofocus is malfunctioning in Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder

I strongly feel that you must have done some configuration with your Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder, which could have forced this behavior with the device. Undo the following configuration that you made and check out whether the issue gets resolved or not. If there is a case that you have forgot the changes which you did with your Camcorder, then the only way to solve the issue is to reset the camcorder to its original configuration, what we also call out-of-box setting.

Restoring the camcorder to its factory settings is simple. You need to follow a few steps inorder to achieve what you wish to. First make sure your camcorder's battery has enough power to sustain until the resetting process gets completed. Don’t forget to take out the memory card from your camcorder inorder to prevent you from losing your data. Find the reset button which is present in almost all the camcorders. It usually is a small button or hole which is pressed only with the help of a small sharp object. We need to hold and press this Reset button and complete the restoring process.

Following are the steps to manually do power restore in your camcorder:
    • Turn off the camcorder
    • Disconnect the AC adapter.
    • take out the battery of your camcorder
    • Move the power button on the camera position for about 15 seconds or so
    • Now move the button to OFF option
    • Put in the battery and restart your camcorder

A manual must have come along with the Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder at the time of purchase. So I would like you to have a look on the Manual of your Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder. On this manual you will find all the necessary settings and tips which will be helping you to get a better performance from your camcorder. If consist of different tips, which every user should use, when working on different scene conditions. It will be giving you a very good output quality.

You should visit the official link of Sony and contact the officials regarding your issue. You can contact by sending emails to official email ids give on the Contact Us section in the Sony website. Or you can contact them directly by dialing to the given contact number. If you getting no response, then I would suggest you to look for Sony store and get your issue checked there. Make sure that you explain them each and every issue. If your camcorder is still within the warranty period, then you will be getting your device replaced directly.

Re: Autofocus is malfunctioning in Sony HDR-CX700V Camcorder

It is possible for you to adjust the brightness and focus for any particular selected image concurrently. By using this feature, it is possible for user to enable Spot Meter and Spot focus function on the camera at the very same time. Touch the area in the image where you wish to adjust the brightness and the focus. If you wish the camera to automatically adjust both the functions, you need to click on Auto option. By doing this small thing you will be able to maintain focus at the centre of your subject in the image.