Thread: HP laptop with Alps Pointing Device/Touchpad and Windows 7 installed

HP laptop with Alps Pointing Device/Touchpad and Windows 7 installed

I just purchased a fresh HP laptop with having Windows 7 in it. It has an Alps Pointing Device / Touchpad. From what I be able to resolve, is to proceed as if the "mouse" has the lock click, but when I go to mouse properties in control panel, says Windows 7 Help The mouse buttons, there ought to be an alternative for ClickLock off occasionally. The window of my control panel mouse property in the Alps does not have such choices.
    According to Windows Help, this feature seems to be what “me” is to drag inadvertently blink of Windows simply by scrolling over them and it's driving me crazy. Why do not I have "Enable ClickLock off" as an option in my control panel, such as help tells me to? How do I stop the touchpad pointer to operate with a mind of its own? Things I have previously attempted: Update the driver software of the Alps, playing off while typing, turning on the cursor shows when writing, and reject the tactile sensitivity. Not an option to disable the touchpad that I'm using it as the only mouse device.

Re: HP laptop with Alps Pointing Device/Touchpad and Windows 7 installed

I have the same problem. I prefer to put the touchpad off. I cannot find a place to adjust the touch screen. My device manager / control panel only provides alternatives to adjust the ALPS touchpad mouse settings not mentioned. My cursor jumps all over the place very frustrating. So turn off the mouse Alps with the small button on the top of the touch panel with light. I hope this solves your problem.

I have the same problem with my Mini 311. Causes random jumps, changes in text format, and virtually all other problems you may think. I spent 75 minutes with HP support today in an effort to fix it. The technician then required a serial number that is supposed to at the underside of the computer - it was not. After all we did, the touchpad will activate what happens to be sitting on, usually at the most inopportune time. I do not understand why HP allows this situation to exist. My Mini is practically useless and I cannot find a way to control the problem.

I have the same problems with the touchpad on the Mini 311. (See the hardware forum for the position for 15 minutes.) The problem I believe is the ALPS touchpad is poor to begin with, but in fact HP has to provide a new driver. The driver does not operate appropriately. ALPS touchpad I've had prior to, but none of them was so great, any of them perform so poorly. Suggestions I've seen, and in turn branch to click or turn off the touch screen are completely unacceptable. The touchpad should work out of the box as he does with all other machines I've had. I've never had a new machine out of the box, which worked so badly. We all need to be calling HP's corporate office and make a big fuss about it. That will make them fix it.

Well, I would prefer to download the driver. I think the driver cannot be the reason for such situations unconditional. You can go to HP's official website and download drivers that will be suitable for the operating system is installed. I did the same and therefore I have all options for the touch screen. I lacked before, both in the Control Panel, and as an icon on the right side of the taskbar. Hope this helps.

Well buddy I don’t have much idea about this but I would prefer you to take help from your friend or someone else who has solved this problem before. It would be better if you post your comment on a particular Forum. Well I don’t think so that this is the exact solution which you required but I think you will definitely get the solution here. So I really hope that your problem gets solved as soon as possible.

Well, I would suggest installing the OS again. The list of HP drivers for my laptop, or are not compatible or are missing. No touch-screen controllers listed. When I contacted HP, who said that installing a retail version of Windows voided the warranty on my and "the hardware will not work with a commercial version of win7 because the recovery manager is in the C: drive. That makes no sense. Well you can try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by rAdIaN View Post
    I just purchased a fresh HP laptop with having Windows 7 in it. It has an Alps Pointing Device / Touchpad. From what I be able to resolve, is to proceed as if the "mouse" has the lock click, but when I go to mouse properties in control panel, says Windows 7 Help The mouse buttons, there ought to be an alternative for ClickLock off occasionally. The window of my control panel mouse property in the Alps does not have such choices.
    According to Windows Help, this feature seems to be what “me” is to drag inadvertently blink of Windows simply by scrolling over them and it's driving me crazy. Why do not I have "Enable ClickLock off" as an option in my control panel, such as help tells me to? How do I stop the touchpad pointer to operate with a mind of its own? Things I have previously attempted: Update the driver software of the Alps, playing off while typing, turning on the cursor shows when writing, and reject the tactile sensitivity. Not an option to disable the touchpad that I'm using it as the only mouse device.
    I removed the sticker right next to the pointer and that fixed it.

Can be due to some settings. I had a hp laptop it is a bit older model. That laptop has a additional button near the touchpad which allow me to lock and unlock it if I am using a mouse. But that has not interfered the mouse. You might need to check the the mouse settings. Also try to disable your stickey. There are mouse keys in the control panel which converts your num lock keys to a mouse. Check that if it is enabled or not.