Thread: HP mini SP42226 disaster Recovery utility download

HP mini SP42226 disaster Recovery utility download

I have my HP Mini 110 a month ago. On page # 25 of the manual that comes with it, there are instructions for downloading and extracting the value of disaster recovery follows. Open Internet browser, go to http://www.hp.com/support, and select your country or region where you stay, enter the SoftPaq Number SP42226 in the Search box, press ENTER and follow the onscreen instructions.
    The problem is that there SP42226 found anywhere! So the question is: Where the hell is this file located? I searched everywhere. In the back of the manual that came with the machine that shows it was printed in September 2009, so it is not an outdated manual. Has anyone else encountered this problem already?

Re: HP mini SP42226 disaster Recovery utility download

I encountered the same problem. It took a while, but I found it. Searching the web revealed nothing. Go to www.hp.com / support, select your region. Click "Start Scan" to automatically detect the system. Follow the instructions to install the plug-in if you have not done this before. Click on "Software & Drivers." Click "Microsoft Windows XP". Scroll down and click "Roxio BackOnTrack 3 Boot Utility disaster recovery." This takes you to the page where you can download SP42226.exe. I have not tried to restore the system with this, however, hope it works.

After an entire day of searching, I have lastly managed to get the file and create a bootable USB. I have 2 of these machines now (1 for each daughter). I have made copies of both bHDD's and am now doubt if I have to have a USB for each or whether the one will suffice. It would be nice if somebody from HP could give a definitive answer on this. I have called many times about it and got nowhere!!

Technical support is atrocious. I agree you should not have to use two USB drives, but I did anyway from this familiar I would rather spend the extra money now to go through God knows what the experience later. As a matter of interest, once made, the amount of space used on each stick was a little different! My models are sa 110-1100. That said, for some reason, I seem to have a file called sp44112.exe used to create the boot sticks. I cannot remember why I did it, but I've saved the files if desired. Thinking about this more, it would be interesting to see what tech support to see if we called and told me he had messed up our software and needed to return to the factory settings. Probably say that the unit would be sent for repair!

Now I have downloaded SP42226 several times and tried to open to start the ongoing program to create my boot disk on USB memory. I tried to open from the bottom I sent it to and from the desk where I have it now. The manual is not clear that to open it from. When I tried to open it from the pole in both the PC and the stick for 5 minutes shone as if something would happen, but the picture that appeared said "sorry sp42226 has experienced a problem and needs to close" when trying to open from the desktop box appears immediately. So I lost a couple of hours in this mode where I can go with it? I need my boot disk to rescue my PC and load my backups if the worst happened. You tried to open from the damaged club is nothing like the image of the program looks the same and is still 184mb?

Disaster Recovery which allows a backup of entire hard disk, including all applications and system preferences to a USB external hard drive. If the hard drive is stolen or if it fails, you can restore the HP Mini-Note back to the exact image they had when the hard drive failure or theft occurred. Backup files are only available if you choose to upgrade to Roxio Creator 2009. If the upgrade, you can use Roxio backup file to keep files as important as digital photos, family videos, key financial records, and other essential documents.

Well I think you must also try instant Restore enables you to return the computer to a previous restore point, which resets all of the settings for the operating system to those settings that existed at the time that the restore point was created. None of your personal data files, such as e-mail, documents, or pictures are lost. Well these really help me and I hope it helps you too. All the best!