Thread: unable to connect Dell Streak via USB to PC

unable to connect Dell Streak via USB to PC

I have got a Dell Streak which is running Android 2.1 Operating System in it. When I am trying to connect the Device to the PC which is running Windows 7 Operating System with the help of USB cable, I am getting the following message which shows that USB device cannot be recognized. I am getting the Code 43 error. I have already wasted many hours in solving the issue but with no solution. So, can anyone please help me solving the problem? Your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to connect Dell Streak via USB to PC

I am not sure about how you are trying to connect your Dell Streak Smartphone to your system after following certain rules. The most important one being that you have installed the Dell PC Suite in your system before you actually try to establish the Mass Storage connection between both the devices. So, first make sure that you have installed the required software in your computer. Secondly, you should make sure that you are using the right USB cable, the original one which you must have got with your Dell Streak. Connect your Dell Streak to your system only when the system is prompting for the same.

You should make sure that the Dell PC Suite which you are installing in your system is a working one which you have downloaded from some trusted site. Or else it might happen that you installed the setup but the application is not working only. Also, please make sure that you are selecting the right version of the PC Suite. By saying right version I mean that if your computer is running 54-bit Windows 7 OS, then install the 64-bit Dell PC Suite which is available for Windows 7 34-bit users. Also make sure that you have installed the latest available PC suite in your system.

According to me you should most probably perform Hard Reset in your Dell Streak. Performing the hard reset will save the default factory settings in your Dell Streak. Before doing the Hard Reset in your device make sure that you have taken back up of all your important data. We already have many threads based on this topic in our forum, so I would recommend you to visit them in order to get the necessary information. Below is the link for performing Hard Reset in Dell Streak

I would recommend you to update the firmware of your Dell Streak. You are using Android 2.1- Éclair in your Dell Streak which seems to be pretty old and I would recommend you to update it to atlleast Android 2.2 Froyo. Make sure that you are installing the latest available version of the Firmware which is available for Dell Streak. You will need the Dell PC Suite inorder to perform the firmware update. Check if the issue is solved after you update the firmware of your Dell Streak.

I feel there is some kind of hardware fault in your Dell Streak and that is why it is not connecting to your computer. So according to me it needs repairing. If you want to get proper repairmen for your device, then I would suggest you to first search for the Dell Store in your nearby area and then visit the store to get your Dell Streak checked and then repaired by the technical staff available at the Dell Store. If the device is still within warranty period and if you haven’t void the warranty then you will be getting the service for free.

I also feel the same that my Dell Streak must be having some kind of hardware problem in it. So, I am looking forward to submit my Streak to Dell Support and get it checked by the professionals available there. Anyways my Dell Streak is within the warranty period so I have got the advantage that I can get my device repaired by the technical staff of Dell. Anyways once again, thank you everyone for your posts and showing concern over the issue faced by me.