Thread: No audio after installing windows 7 in HP dv5217cl

No audio after installing windows 7 in HP dv5217cl

My sister is using HP dv5217cl laptop from last few months and some days before she gave her laptop to me to upgrade the laptop with windows 7. I have installed windows 7 successfully and I didn’t get any error while installing windows 7. Now after installing windows 7 I can’t get the sound to work. If anyone facing similar issue and have solution for this then please help me.

Re: No audio after installing windows 7 in HP dv5217cl

Did you install the diver after installing windows 7 in your laptop? First you have to check that whether you have installed audio driver or not. If you want to check this then you have to first open the device manager and after that click on the audio device and check whether is there any yellow exclamation mark or not. If you find any exclamation mark then it means you have to install the driver.

If you have already installed the audio driver and after that also if you are facing this problem then I think you have to first uninstall the audio driver completely from your HP dv5217cl. Now after uninstalling the driver you have to run driver cleaner in your laptop and after that restart the laptop. Now after that insert the driver CD in your CD ROM and then install the audio driver. After doing that you will be able to get the sound from your laptop.

Well I have one solution for you. First you have to install the driver which you have in your Diver CD and after that you will see that it will fail to install properly. Now after that you have to open device manager and then you have to right click on the On Audio Device and select Update Driver Software. Now after doing that you have to click on the browse and then select cp6308Ba file from SP35558 folder which you will find in your C drive. After doing that click on yes in Update Driver Warning and after that driver will install. I hope this will help you.

After referring your post I have tried to install the driver by following above steps bit after doing that also I am still facing the same problem. I have also tried to fix this issue by removing all the drivers from my laptop and after that running the driver cleaner and after that when I reinstalled the driver at that time I get the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this.

I was having the similar problem with my laptop and after that I have tried to solve my problem by trying so many tricks but then also i was not getting the sound in my laptop. After that I have repair my operating system and after repairing the operating system I reinstalled the driver, now after doing that my audio start working normally. I think you should also try to solve this problem by following this solution.

Thank you so much for giving me this solution. After reading your post I have repair my operating system and after that I have installed audio driver in my laptop. After doing that when I restart the laptop from that time audio start working normally in my laptop. Now I am not facing any issue with my laptop and sound is also working fine, I really appreciate your help.