Thread: Images taken from Sony HDR-CX700V are wavy and blurred

Images taken from Sony HDR-CX700V are wavy and blurred

Hi, my new camcorder, Sony HDR-CX700V is facing some irritating problem in it. Whenever I am trying to capture images with high shutter speed in iAuto mode with SteadyShot ON, I am getting some kind of wavy or shaky effect on the images. Or else the camera is working fine without any issue. It looks like somebody have added the water vapor type effect in them. Why is this happening? Does anyone else have experienced the same or anyone familiar with the issue? Please share some information regarding the same and help me solve the issue.

Re: Images taken from Sony HDR-CX700V are wavy and blurred

I am not sure about the issue but it seems to be compatibility issue to me. I think the problem is occurring because there is compatibility issue between the SteadyShot and the shutter speed in your digital camera. Something might be interfering between the normal functioning of both SteadyShot and the Shutter Speed. You should probably disable them or anyone of them and check what is the affect of the changed settings in your issue? Try our different combination of settings in your digital camera and solve the issue.

There might be some settings in your camcorder which might be preventing this problem. You will have to change your camera settings in order to solve your issue. In order to know different settings which are support by your device, you will need the Manual of the Sony HDR-CX700V camcorder. Either you can use the manual which you received at the time of purchasing the digital camera, or else you will have to visit the official website of Sony and download the manual or handbook of your digital Camera.

You need to update the camera software i.e. the firmware of your camcorder. You can search for the updates on Internet and download it for your digital camera. If you are unable able to find any update on Internet, visit the Sony website and search for your required file which you need for your digital camera. You can find the steps to update the firmware on the same website of Sony. Firmware update is one good solution which I think should solve your issue.

Make sure that there is no issue with the Lens of your camcorder. The images can come wavy if the lens is faulty. So, you should first of all make sure that the lens of working fine and also remove all the dust and dirt if any is present in your camera lens and screen. Try using different scene modes to capture images in different conditions. Try reducing the shutter speed because I thing the problem is occurring because of that. Also make sure that there is no issue with the display screen.

If you can’t find a solution for your issue in the manual then I feel you should contact Sony support staff as soon as possible. It seems to be hardware issue or the camera is faulty. Or you should visit any authorized store of Sony and submit your Sony HDR-CX700V camcorder there and get assistance from the Sony professionals and get your problem solved. Or you can even contact officials of Sony through Sony's official website. Go to contact us and you will find the email address of the officials.

Thanks everyone for the support. I am very weak in technically related things. So thought I went through all the replies, I was unable to try them directly in my Sony HDR-CX700V camcorder. So, after lots of considering and thinking, I have decided to go to Sony Store and ask them to help me solve the issue. The technical staff of Sony will be having enough knowledge and information that they will be able to solve my issue with not much issue. Anyways thank you everyone for all those replies.

unsure Re: Images taken from Sony HDR-CX700V are wavy and blurred

Hi, I've the same problem... with shutter speed between 1/300 and 1/10000 and steadyshot on... the image is "floating" or "waving".. I think with firmware upgrade sony could solve that.. but till now there isn't one.
    here you can see another user with this problem (notice in hd)