Thread: Unable to install GCC on Debian squeeze.

Unable to install GCC on Debian squeeze.

Hello guys, I hope you are having a wonder weekends, but I facing some strange problem while installing GCC on my Debian squeeze, now while I tired to install Debian squeeze and not able to create and find a wireless connection during and even after the installation, that’s why I did got internet with the machine while operating and that why I don’t get any permit to go in repository and now I require GCC for installing driver for Wi-Fi connection and I got the related files for installing GCC with my ubuntu, and they together are on similar computers as I able to install library files and also able to make them but when the time I use to install GCC 4.4, I don’t able to install it, do what wrong is going here? Does I am doing some procedure wrong or is there some other problem? Please make this problem clear and provide with some specific solution. Thanks

Re: Unable to install GCC on Debian squeeze.

As while Debian depends on many other package for operating properly and while if you does not have the related package which GCC on which it depends then as usual you won’t able to complete the installation and is highly recommended and require a running internet connection as this will "synaptic" or "apt-get" will download automatically the missing files in the Debian package and will operate properly after this.

Yeah this above method is one of the most recommended method and most of the been effective also but if you don’t have a properly network connection, so you can also download missing file by using any other Debian system which have a access to network and proceed with downloading all package of Debian which are required to install GCC and than simply copy the downloaded package file to USB memory and than than put then on your system and this will fix almost all errors in your system.

You can also install GCC by bring in use "dpkg” on the system(computer) which don’t have a network connection by making use of package file on the memory USB, let me tell you that his method is bit complicated and tough one, so if you are much familiar with Debian system than only opt for this or otherwise call any of your friend or some expert for performing this, and it require much time than any other methods of installation so at the same it is much effective and almost every time use to fix any possible error.

As what I know about this, so for getting this error fix you first have to Chroot and than into Debian install, for that first start with mounting the partition for instance (in /mnt/Debian) and all of than as root and after this prompt will be changed and you are now in the Debian system and while from there you can install build necessary aptitude. And if you don’t able to get into the system than please post here with any further errors.

On my Ubuntu 10.10 I am operating it on other partition of my system and had installed "firmware-realtek_0.28_all.deb" and it was the firmware of my wireless drive and I had made some changes in the file "etc/ networks/interface and operate with wireless connection like wireless_essid LuisCasa and then wireless_channel 6 then wireless_keymode WPE then wireless_key1 millavehexadecimal and wireless_defaultkey 1 and after doing this when your system get restart you get an option for getting connect to Wi-Fi and if you any more doubt on this then feel free to ask any relevant question on this.