Thread: Motorola defy crashes after inserting Sim

Motorola defy crashes after inserting Sim

I am using the Motorola defy mobile phone and using the same from last few days now suddenly I have started getting an unusual problem with the phone. Actually the thing is that when I am inserting the Sim card in the phone then the phone doesn’t work at all I mean it crashes and the only option to bring it to the normal condition is to remove the card. So please someone help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issues here and also help me in resolving the issued.

Re: Motorola defy crashes after inserting Sim

In your place I would try the following:

• Mobile phone shut down and remove the battery and plugging it back (cold start new)
    • Mobile phone shut down and remove the SD card. If in doubt once the SIM card removed. And of course each boot up without the cards.
    • Check whether malicious apps are installed (unlikely, but does not hurt to check yes)
    • The mobile phone on battery power is unusually warm?

In what situations Defy the restarts? Even if you let it lie still? I'm not a killer task I installed only as normal social apps, and .The cell phone makes when it wants it does not matter if I have it in hand and serve or just lying there will now try again the tips remove the battery. No cell phone is not too hot while it depends on the line. So there is no setting that caused such an effect some reports of wobbling batteries, a battery wickeder could interrupt the energy supply, which could cause a reboot, but that I hold to be unlikely looks to me much after a faulty hardware to a software problem do exclude a reset, reset to factory settings

Have also the problem that the Defy by now and just re-boots - so no reboot but is then re-enter the SIM pin necessary. Time after 10 minutes Sometimes they turn only after 1 hour. Occurs when it is simply "as lying" and even if you do something. Have no additional apps installed and otherwise made no changes - just start with Motoblur account and sync with corporate Exchange. Have also been removed SD card no change .

I've only read about in other smartphones, there can be problems with the SIM card. Has something to do with the power supply of the card. I would try it first at this point. So get out your SIM and mobile to boot. For a while playing around with it, and behold if the old symptoms occur. If so, send it back to Motorola and the seller. If everything is running smoothly without a SIM, then contact the vendor and request a replacement SIM

Specifically, I had this case already with a HTC Wildfire. However, the problem solved by itself. The phone worked just fine without a SIM card. After the first insertion of the SIM card does not work so a lot more. Even the wireless was going crazy. So battery out, sim out, battery grade highly driven, - everything is great. Battery back out, SIM in, battery in, started up again. Voila, super everything as if by magic. Until today in other cases, it is reported that the SIM card had to be changed and then it worked with the new card. That does not mean that it is also the Defy! So do not despair if that does not work!

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I am using the Motorola defy mobile phone and using the same from last few days now suddenly I have started getting an unusual problem with the phone. Actually the thing is that when I am inserting the Sim card in the phone then the phone doesn’t work at all I mean it crashes and the only option to bring it to the normal condition is to remove the card. So please someone help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issues here and also help me in resolving the issued.
    GaganGang. Is your phone recovered after your original issue, or did you find a way to avoid these crashes?