Thread: Installation failed of Windows 7 on HP Envy 17 3D

Installation failed of Windows 7 on HP Envy 17 3D

I am facing the problem regarding installing Windows 7 on HP Envy. I want to install the 64bit enterprise edition. I am able to boot the installed but unable to install. It is showing that it does not have the driver. Also the bios are not offering the AHCI in the IDE setup. So anyone of you all guys have any idea regarding the same then please let me know so that my problem gets solved out. Thanks to all those who will reply.

Re: Installation failed of Windows 7 on HP Envy 17 3D

Make sure you have connected all things properly. This error may be because of the poor connection also. If the connection is alright then make sure that your bios is having the setting enabled for all the IDE and sata ports. Also see to it that the IDE drive is properly configured in the bios. And if still is is not working then you search it on the Google for the error or get some knowledgeable person.

I think there might be something wrong with your usb stick. My one of the good friend also had the same problem. After doing lots and lots of research and development we came to know that the problem lied in the usb stick itself. The problem cannot be in the win 7 because the envy 17 3D is compatible with the windows 7 so no issues with that. Lets us know how you are solving the error.

The problem is easy to solve and you can solve it by setting the compatible mode for the disk disk controller. For this the settings you will find it in the bios. This was one of the solution and the another solution which you can follow is that you can give win 7 installer the proper drivers which are needed. So try out these things and let us know what the out come of it was. Be careful while doing things.

I would like to thank all those who have replied to this thread. But as I was not having enough time so I called up the expert and helped me in getting the problem sorted. But I would like to say that the first solution suggested was not present in the bios setting of my machine and the second solution also said was not helpful because I was not able to find the drivers anywhere. But anyhow my system is now working.