Thread: Display screen of Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 is distorted

Display screen of Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 is distorted

I have been using Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera from last two months and it was working very good without any issues until yesterday. Today morning when I started the digital camera to check out last night’s captured pictures, I found that the display screen of the Cybershot was little distorted/unclear. Because of that I am unable to take pictures as it looks to be very annoying. But everything else seems to be working fine then what must be the issue?

re: Display screen of Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 is distorted

You said that while you are taking pictures from your Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera, you noticed that the screen was unclear. So, I assume that it is not an issue with your display screen but the problem might be with the lens. I am not sure if the problem is occurring only when you are trying to take pictures from your Cybershot, then it is for sure that the problem is with the lens of your digital camera and not the display screen of your camera.

It might be possible that lots of dust and dirt might have got collected near the lens and the display screen f your Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera. So, before coming into any conclusion and trying out different experiments in your digital camera, you should make sure that the lens and the display screen are dust and dirt free. Also make sure that the shutter of your camera’s lens is properly opening and there is no accumulation of dust and fingerprints on the lens and the display screen.

The camera seems to be outdated and should be using an older version of firmware on it. So if that's the case, then you should try to update the firmware of your Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera and put an end to this problem. You should visit the official Sony website and look for the latest firmware updates available for the Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera. Once you've found it, download the update to your computer system and install it on your camera. You can get the exact procedure to update the firmware of the Sony digital camera on the same official website of Sony.

Thank you everyone for your interest in helping me out and sharing your quality suggestions with me. I went through each and every suggestion and appreciate everyone’s effort. I crossed check the condition of my digital camera but was unable to find anything externally. There was no dust, dirt, finger prints , cracks or anything on either the lens or the screen of the camera, but still the problem exists. So, can anyone tell me what I should do now? Thank you in advance for any kind of help.

It seems that the problem is internal. There might be some faulty issue with the internal parts or the hardware of the Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera which you are using. So, in the case, the only people who can help you solve the issue are those who are having quality knowledge about the same and who are expert when it comes to repairing any hardware issues in camera and everything related. So, I would recommend you to visit the nearest Sony Store and get your camera checked and repaired from the technical staff of Sony. They will be able to help you in most efficient way.

Re: Display screen of Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 is distorted

I would recommend you to transfer the images to your computer or your laptop and check whether the photos are distorted or blurred or not. If you find the image to be blurred then there is a problem with the imaging sensor of your digital camera, and if the image looks fine then also there is some display issue with your digital camera. So, in this case, the only option you have got is to contact the nearest Sony store and submit your Sony Cybershot DSC-W370 digital camera for repairing or replacement if the issue is not solvable.