Thread: How to change video resolution in Sony hdr-xr150 Camcorder

How to change video resolution in Sony hdr-xr150 Camcorder

Hello everyone, two weeks ago my dad gifted me my very first Sony hdr-xr150 camcorder. So, I am still in the learning phase with respect to the new camcorder. I love it. It is super amazing. So, I wanted to use more and more but I am still unknown to many of its features. So, I wanted to get some of my doubts cleared. I wanted to know how I can change the resolution of my camcorder so that I can shoot the videos in 720pixels. If anyone is aware of the following thing, then please help me in clearing my doubt.

Re: How to change video resolution in Sony hdr-xr150 Camcorder

Usually when you are taking videos or capturing pictures by using the camcorder, you can see options in your camcorder screen which can help you in achieving the desired output. Just click on Options and go to the settings options for video recording. Here you will be seeing the option, in which resolution, you wish to shoot the videos, You can make all the necessary changes regarding the issue here. Save the changes and check out the performance of your camcorder.

I am not using the Sony camcorder which you are talking about but I had used one in past. So, I don’t remember the exact procedure and steps to change the resolution of the video while doing video recording. But I can tell you where you can find the following steps. As you said that the camcorder is just 2 weeks old, I am sure you will be having the manuals or the handbooks of the Sony hdr-xr150 camcorder. You can find all the necessary settings in this handbook.

Thank you, dude, for replying so quickly to my post. I am very much impressed with your help and kindness. So, you said that I can find the necessary settings which could change the resolution of the camcorder in the manuals/handbooks which came along the camcorder. But unfortunately, I have lost the same while I was shifting to my new house. So, now I don’t even have the manuals to guide me. Does anyone know where else I can get the following handbook or what I should do to solve the query?

I feel that the settings will be same for all the Sony camcorder. If that’s the case, then you can ask for the handbooks from any of your friends who is using Sony hdr-xr150 camcorder. Or else you can visit the nearest Sony Store or to the retailers who sold you the camcorder. You can ask for the necessary manuals or the handbooks from these two locations. If you are unable to find the manual of your camcorder then you can even try out atleast some other camcorder of Sony, either different series or similar to that of yours.

You can also find a copy of the handbook for your Sony hdr-xr150 camcorder on the official website of Sony. You just need to perform little search and you will be finding your answer. I have come across one but it is the hand-book of Sony HDR CX110 camcorder. But the plus point is that both will be having almost same features and settings. So I would recommend you to visit the above link and go to page 26 of the following PDF file and perform as it has mentioned. This will surely solve your issue.

It is very easy to change the resolution of the image or the video which you are capturing using your Sony hdr-xr150 camcorder. You can change it just before you are trying to capture anything. Make sure that you are performing exactly the same as it is mentioned in the manuals or handbook. If still you are unable to under the procedure to change the resolution of your video which then I would recommend you to visit the nearest Sony Store and ask the staff members to help you solving your doubt.