Thread: How to fix Dell alienware m11x hinge?

How to fix Dell alienware m11x hinge?

Therefore. I have a replacement monitor to be installed tomorrow because my hinge to the very left. I did some looking up, and it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Should I worry? I hope it's a coincidence, and not dependent on the entire line defective. Can anyone reassure me or the stability of the joints, or they tell me all the problems we had with the hinges? How to fix it and also let me know the steps.

Re: How to fix Dell alienware m11x hinge?

First early morning - the question of the hinge, if it is cracked, is covered by the warranty. Whatever he said to the contrary is false. And technicians must call during the day, especially for something like this, which unfortunately becoming more common. And my repairs, unfortunately, were not without problems. When I contacted them, they were professional and practical about it. Technology back to me the same day. We have scheduled a meeting. only to discover that the first screen I received looked like someone rubbed steel wool against him. I refused. Second time, technology is here, July 5. Half took him aside and told me if I had to take fully apart from the repair, which would end up breaking something linked to the motherboard. He was silent in my awful hinge. We have nix option. So it takes at the same time as, but an important person sends the parts I wanted. And observe that little plastic protective film that was imaginary to be there to protect the screen? Nonexistent scratches on the screen too. After that, the case was escalated to the point that I'll get a replacement machine. The first replacement was canceled because of - get this are gone, as the person in charge of my case, he said, so the custom badges. If this is for all orders or replacements do not know. It was supposed to be here on Wednesday, but one was canceled. The new - with a nameplate values - was supposed to be Tuesday but was delayed, and should be here today. It's in my state.

While the technology just stopped and replaced by the screen hinge broken and everything. i have a quick look at the damage and it looks like both mounted on the hinge meets the LCD frame broke, the plastic seemed shattered. Technology brought a new screen, so do not get a spare second-hand. But get this; I contain an LCD substitute silver as an alternative of black to be black to go with my alienware. Two-tone is not all awful.

The first speaker said that the hinge is not covered by the warranty, when you click on it, I was transferred to another representative. He was wrong. The hinges are covered by the warranty.
    The second representative said that a technology in place that call me again in three days, but out of warranty clearly states that "service to the hotel the day." Is the next day only when the parties are in the hands of the technician. The issue of variations Notebook Review hinge problem is forty-six pages, and we've had radio silence about whether this issue is resolved, or if recognized at all. Our position from the beginning was to call and get replacement. I would not say that radio silence.

The concern we have is that this is not something that is likely to be a solution once. Clearly the reason that the hinges are breaking due to the plastic mounting points on the LCD assembly. This is because the plastic holders being plastic, low quality, poor design, or perhaps by tightening during assembly or a amalgamation of the above. Moreover way, it is extremely alarming figure of reports we're considering in the early life of these units, R1 and R2. I am sure that the quality and control of AW are much more than us. The owner is afraid that still after the substitute is a good ability that will come about again broken hinges. We are alarmed that we have to procure extra warranty coverage for the owner of this otherwise great notebook for over a year or two. We are also concerned that reported that a settlement was launched in late June and then removed after starting this thread. If that were true, then the silence that we are talking about is that there has been, and more information about what it takes to fix.

I love my M11x and so far have had no trouble with the hinge, although one looks a bit "off" when opened. I abhorrence income in dread of my leaving to hinge - a class of take the delight correct of possession is not. It's actually a shame a great little laptop has a serious defect, and Dell does not step up to the plate and own up to it, despite the overwhelming number of people who have had this problem. I should add that this is my first Dell and may well be the last if this is the way to deal with manufacturing errors.

Yes, indeed. After being fed up with replacing the screen again and again because it is weak, I've had enough. After the representative of Dell replaced my screen, I asked if it was OK for me to keep the old monitor so I could find the source of the problem. Although initially disagreed, I beg and plead until he finally relented and gave me the broken screen (guess it's my lucky day!). After opening the screen by force (as it was not bound by the tail, which was a pretty easy thing to do), I discovered a shocking revelation. which is almost exactly the same problem in the previous generation M15! Check out these photos:

Below is what a none broken screw support looks like:
    IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2j1r9lf.jpg[/IMG]
    Below is what a broken screw support looks like:

In summary, the plastic containing the screws instead handed and broke. If Dell only made the support of a bit thicker, this would not have been a problem at all.All you have to do to solve the problem is super glue and screws the metal plate back on.