Thread: Need wide-angle lens adapter for Sony HDR-XR500 HDD Camcorder

Need wide-angle lens adapter for Sony HDR-XR500 HDD Camcorder

Hey everyone, I am interested to know more about the wide-angle lens adapters. I am using Sony HDR-XR500 HDD camcorder and wish to get wide-angle lens adapter for the same. The lens which 1 am searching for should be able to fit around the flash which is next to the lens of my camcorder. Does anyone know anything about any of such wide-angle lens adapters available for my camcorder? If anyone is having any information regarding the same, please help me clear the doubt.

Re: Need wide-angle lens adapter for Sony HDR-XR500 HDD Camcorder

A Wide Angle lens is useful and is required when you are capturing a pictures or video recording in places with limited space. Without enough space, the photographer will not be able to move back far enough to incorporate everything he/she wish to capture with the normal lens. Wider lenses have a tendency to magnify the distance between objects while allowing better depth of field. Although there are two main types of wide-angle lens: short-focus lenses and retrofocus lenses.

I would recommend you to search for Sony Camcorder on Internet and visit the official website of Sony. Make sure that you are visiting the official website of Sony of your regional location, as that will be displaying all the Sony products which are currently available in your country. Once you have visited the official website of Sony, search for your camcorder, i.e. Sony HDR-XR500 HDD camcorder and look out for accessories for the same. If any wide-lens adapter is available for your camcorder, then it will surely be displayed here.

I have come across the following Wide angle with Macro lens which is compatible with the Sony HDR-XR500 HDD camcorder. Besel WA3 is a 0.45x Pro Serie Wide Angle and Macro Lens which can be used for both Photos and video. The Magnification factor of the lens is 0.45x and it is compatible with High Definition as well. You can search for the same on Internet and get some more information on the following wide-angle lens

Dude,I am using the The PRO5205 Besel Wide Angle Lens for my Sony camcorder and it is working wonders for me. It also allows me to capture close range images as well, which was for sure not at all possible from the common lens. The lens is very light weight and thin but fits very well at the coto focus camera of the camcorder. The images taken from this lens are sharp and are specifically designed for semi-professional digital cameras and camcorders. So, I think, it is worth a try.

Thank you, guys for the replies. They all were helpful and cleared my doubt to a considerable amount. I am just looking for the specifications and the pricing for the wide-angle lens mentioned above. They both seem to be very promising and good. Also can anyone tell me how I can remove the lens lock which I assume is present on the stock lens. I am unable to figure out the solution to remove the same. Do I need to perform some settings? Please help me again. Thank you for any assistance.

You can use the manual of Sony HDR-XR500 HDD camcorder in order to know all the necessary changes and settings which you can perform in your camcorder. Almost all the settings available in your device will be mentioned in the manual of the device. Look for it in the accessories of your camcorder and read it on for more information. If by chance you are not able to find the manual then you can even download the handbook of your camcorder from the official website of Sony. Search it on Internet and you will find it.