Thread: Nokia X6 crashes while opening OVI maps

Nokia X6 crashes while opening OVI maps

I am using Nokia X6 mobile and my mobile was working absolutely fine. Some days before I have activate GPRS in my mobile. Now whenever I try open the Nokia OVI maps at that time mobile gets crashed. Whenever I open the OVI maps at that time my screen just goes black and after that I have to restart my mobile. is there any way to fix this issue then please let me know.

Re: Nokia X6 crashes while opening OVI maps

I think you should try to solve this problem by updating the Nokia OVI map. First update the Nokia OVI update and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. I was having the similar problem with my Nokia N8 and after that I have updated Nokia OVI map from version 3.04 to version 3.06. now after doing that my problem gets solved. I hope this information will be helpful to you. If you still finding any difficulties after that then let me know.

If you are getting the same problem after updating the OVI maps also then I think you can solve this problem by doing restore factory setting. You can do the restore factory setting in your mobile by doing these steps. First *#7780# code in your mobile and after that it will give you the option for restore factory setting in your mobile and after that press ok. It will restore the phone setting only and it will not delete any data from your mobile. After doing that try to open the OVI maps in your mobile. I think after doing that you will not get any issue.

After referring your above solution I have tried to solve this problem by updating the Nokia OVI maps but after updating the Nokia OVI maps also I was getting the same issue with my mobile and after that I have also tried to do restore factory setting in my mobile but it has done nothing and problem still remains. Is there any other way to solve this issue then please help me out? I am waiting for your reply.

It looks like there might be something wrong with your mobile software and I think you can solve this problem by updating the mobile software. I think you should first visit the Nokia care and after that you have to ask about solution regarding your problem and after that they will check your mobile and fix the issue. I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will be able to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Even I have the same issue with my X6. It restarts when i try to open OVI maps 3.06. Tried reinstalling and resetting. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rvm_22in View Post
    Even I have the same issue with my X6. It restarts when i try to open OVI maps 3.06. Tried reinstalling and resetting. No luck.
    After updating to the OVI maps 3.06 have you tried downloading the latest maps which might be 00.01.41.123 version, because if you update the maps from the previous maps version then the old gets deleted and you again have to download the proper country map for your device, or else due to internet data issues, it might be not loading the places properly and hence crashing the phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Finally it seems my X6 has recovered from the restart issue. I did hard reset for the third time and all my applications are back to normal this time. May confirm if my X6 functions normally for another few days....Thanks to all the members of this forum topic..