Thread: Application for monitoring data usage of all applications in Android

Application for monitoring data usage of all applications in Android

I am having my mobile which is running on the Android Operating System. I am having many applications installed in my phone, so I was looking for an application that would help you to find out or monitor the data usage that are received and sent as per individual applications. Is there any application that would allow you to monitor the data usage of each and every application?

Re: Application for monitoring data usage of all applications in Android

Same problem with my phone also, I have seen that my data usage is getting higher and higher so I searched for the application that would monitor the data usage of each and every applications that are running in my phone. So I found the application called “My Data Manager” which will monitor the applications that use the data. This application is really great and also data consumption as per application. But this application is only supported for Android 2.2 firmware or higher than that.

If any of you guys want to monitor the data consumption of individual application then you can do it manually. You just require some time to find this out. To check the data usage, first make all your mobile data disabled. After doing so wait for some time and then check for the usage of data once again. After doing this backup all your apk files that you require for your application. After this uninstall all the application that you have installed and then check for the data usage. After sometime install few applications and then check the data usage. After installing each application make note of data usage. This will help you to track the data of individual applications.

If you are having any unlimited plans like the one that I am having, then you don’t have to worry about it. But if you are running on a limited data plans then you must monitor the data usage of your applications. So I came across an application called “SPB Wireless Monitor”. I think so this application would be costing you around $10. This will monitor all your mobile and also WiFi internet reports. And also provide you information about the usage of any pre installed application.

Till now I was monitoring all the data usage of all the applications manually but it was a long and time consuming method. So one of my friends who is having the Android mobile is using one of the applications called “Network TrafficStats Lite”. This is the simplest tool that I have come across and it provides the information about the traffic that every application is using. So now I am not required to monitor my applications manually. But this application would not work for the DELL Streak users.

There are many applications now days that provide you to monitor the applications that use the data usage. I have heard many of them including the “Track your 3G”, “3G Watchdog”, “SPB Wireless Monitor”, “Traffic Info” and many other. But I have used the TrafficInfo which was made by the CurveFish. This application monitors the data usage for all my applications. There is an option of User and the System, which will monitor the applications individually.