Thread: How to set up Hotmail in K-9 mail with Motorola Droid 2?

How to set up Hotmail in K-9 mail with Motorola Droid 2?

Hello everyone I have come here with a small problem in my mind and the problem is related to the setting up of the hotmail with my K9 mail application. so what I want to know is that how is it possible to do that? I have tried many a times using the hotmail with the k9 mail application but every time I was unsuccessful with it. So can you please tell me as if what I should do here to setup hotmail in it. since I have used up yahoo in it but till now I was unsuccessful with that, so suggest me some solutions for the same. I will be very much happy to listen to you all. so please do reply on the same. I am waiting for the suggestions from you all.

Re: How to set up Hotmail in K-9 mail with Motorola Droid 2?

Ok I don’t know much about the K9 mail but if you can consider the case of MailDroid then the hotail is readily supported in it. I am personally using it and I have seen that Exchange 2007 is supported in it. so as of now what I can suggest you is that have a look at the MailDroid and who knows it will fulfill all your requirements that you were looking out for, so that’s what I want to say here. So do consider my suggestion hope it proves to be beneficial for you.

Yes even I am one of the user who is having the same problem over here. See the thing here is that with the k9 mail I would like to say is that hotmail works in it but only as a pop 3. That’s means you can only access the inbox of the account and nothing else. That’s what I want to say here. So do have a look at the same and let me know if there is anything else that I can do over here. I have accounts in yahoo, Gmail and hotmail as well. The first two works really well but not the last one. So if the problem is related to the hotmail, then can you all please give me some solution for it. so that I can get the problem solved. Do let me know if there is any solution for it.

Yes the thing is that hotmail only supports the pop3 format and not the imap format which is normally supported by the Gmail and also the yahoo accounts. So that’s what I want to say here and also even if you try anything you will not be able to access anything more than the inbox. POP3 doesn't support (multiple) remote folders, that’s what I am saying here. In fact there is no update about that as well. So that’s what I want to warn you.

Ok thanks a lot for all the important information that you have given here, that’s what I want to say here. I think the problem with the hotmail is not supported by the k9 mail application nand we must better accept this fact and move on. So that’s what I think over here, anyways thanks a lot for your suggestions that you have given over here.