Thread: Dell Alienware M11x R2 Randomly freezes

Dell Alienware M11x R2 Randomly freezes

I had this problem since I bought my laptop. I have an Alienware M11x with R2 i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM. Sometimes I'll surf the Internet or talking on Skype and then the computer just freezes, mouse does not shift, I cannot Ctrl + Alt + Del, or no matter which. The simply technique to solve the difficulty would be the power button and restart. People articulate it could be due to overheating, but I'm not sure if it is, as I said, it freezes from simple tasks, I also use a cooler. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Dell Alienware M11x R2 Randomly freezes

Did you append memory or is it the factory, which sounds similar to bad RAM. I pay money for my M11x and had graphics troubles, however updated the Intel graphics software during the Intel Web site and install the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia's site and fixed all troubles. I contacted Dell Support regarding a month ago, and connected remotely on the way to my desktop, and ran a number of diagnostics. We could not find anything wrong. I'm living with the issue now, as a drawback, as it is. If you or someone you come across a solution, I would be delighted to hear how it was resolved. At least it's good to know that this is not an isolated issue.

I have similar difficulty. I have my M11xR2 Saturday and within 2 days I've had has freezing maximum times. I proverb a number of posts where people thinking it was a difficulty through the Nvidia driver, however I've been too active to fix the difficulty I definitely have not had the chance to play a game on top of it. I've run diagnostics and all hardware is fine, so is a number of kind of software difficulty, but I've never seen a problem with software that completely blocks a machine like this.

I have my M11x R2 in December 2010. I just updated the drivers from the Dell site, not directly from Nvidia. Everything is as current as Dell can offer. Mine simply has 4 GB of RAM, and not at all position any 3rd party hardware in the system. However, I have been experiencing the same problem you from day one. A number of days I perceive three or additional random freezes, if I am browsing Internet, playing a game, or no matter what. The screen freezes, I cannot ctrl + alt + delete. The only solution is to hold the head a little outside the off and reboot.

AW My technician and I spent weeks troubleshooting and after many notes case, he recommended that Dell sent to tank so it could fully test all hardware rather suspect that I have to have a technician and sent pieces that may or may not be the problem. As a result I sent him to the station, and 4 days later received it back. I consideration, "Wow, a record time! In actuality has to be good within the Deposit of Dell." Nope.

I have the similar issue. I think it's a problem with the motherboard. For starters, the technique blames my use of the Nvidia drivers instead of Dell drivers. I kept getting blue screens. Send the Windows minidump files which showed that it was a problem with the video card, however Dell blamed the drivers I was with in position of the hardware, as a result I used the F8, repair my computer selection the factory to check too technician who was not a driver issue, but a hardware problem.

Dell will endeavor and culpability software etc to start through however seems to be a number of bad boards out there and I got one! I noticed the problem within a week of receiving it, but Dell took three weeks to agree that there was a hardware difficulty, and then not let me return the laptop for a refund, the guarantee to the next work day is a joke! Besides the motherboard, you need a new keyboard, which was also defective on arrival (does not sit flat - another common mistake).