Thread: How to reboot on safe mode on HTC desire

How to reboot on safe mode on HTC desire

Hi had recently purchased a new HTD Desire phone, which was working absolutely fine till last week but since then my phone started creating some problems, many of the applications were not working properly. I tried restarting my phone my phone but even that did not help as one of my friend suggested me to do a reboot my cell phone on safe mood, so I thought of doing that but I am not able to figure it out to how to do a reboot on a safe mood? Please help.

Re: How to reboot on safe mode on HTC desire

Hi even I am looking for a similar answer as till last night my phone was working fine till the time I had plugged it in to charge. When I wake up in morning today the alarm went off, the screen was very much jerky, even the touch screen was not working properly and suddenly it got restarted! As now I am thinking to do a reboot on a safe mood hoping that would make it proper. So can anyone please tell me how to reboot it on a safe mood?

Try the following procedure it may help you.

• Turn off your HTC Desire phone
    • Remove the battery from your device
    • WAIT for about two minutes and
    • Power on your Phone and
    • Hold the MENU key until all procedures come to an end as of Powering on the phone.
    • Now you will get Safe Mode" written in transparent text at the bottom left corner of the display
    • Now switch off the phone again
    • Take out the battery and
    • Do a normal power on after two minutes.

Thank you for sharing your views I tried booting it on safe mood but I had some problems while doing it. I was not able to run it on a safe mode, as I was not able to see “Safe mood” written on my screen. I tried doing this for say about two times but it was same both the times! I really want my phone to work properly as before, as none of my applications are working properly! Please help.

It seems that you must have not followed the procedure properly! You have to keep holding the "menu" key and make sure that no programs are running in background. As I said that the “Safe Mode” words are written in transparent text that is hardly visible at the lower left corner of the screen. Kindly follow the above procedure again hope this time it will work.