Thread: Planning to Buy Iomega Home Media Network

Planning to Buy Iomega Home Media Network

To get an cloud storage support I found Iomega Home Media Network. I found that this thing has an some kind of cloud computing support with it. I just want some highlight on the same. I have to setup an service where I can access my documents online and share the same with others. This are the media files so preferably I will need a better storage support for that, or else things will not work properly. I do not want to go for file sharing sites.

Re: Planning to Buy Iomega Home Media Network

This is an external hard drive which is built with an purpose of providing user its personal cloud. Here you can put your files and access them from anywhere you want. The Iomega Home Network Hard Drive Media Cloud Edition has strength to connect the network storage device to other systems or devices and you can also access all of them via Internet. So that gives you an power of using an cloud storage device from your desktop. Basically it provides access to other computers or mobile phones.

It is like an cloud storage. It is prefer that you` can put the same on your server and share your files. The model of the Cloud Edition external hard drive can be bought for 140, 180 and 1, 2 or 3 TB storage size. You can listen from work connected to my itunes library from home and all indexes and changes take place in remote itunes. This one is mostly prefer for keeping the file over internet and sharing the same with others.

What I know that it is more than ftp service than a cloud service. Cloud computing is like an process of accessing data online not sharing files. For example if you had used Google Docs or Microsoft Sharepoint then you can understand then difference. From this you can edit a word file or a spreadsheet and get your data. You can browse and modify the same from any platform. It is an kind of ftp service where a drive is attached to the network either offline or online and can be access easily.

According to me there are much better solutions other than this. No need to buy these devices to access them from outside. This might simply increase your cost and you need to add up an extra hardware. You can make the same for yourself by having a static ip or otherwise register with dyndns which is free. Get an router with dyndns client. Next for accessing data you will need to open some ports to configure dyndns client. Connect the hard drive to the router and you can access all your content from the internet.

It is an network drive which comes with an technology of Personal Cloud for home users. It is used to connect to a network hard drive Iomega Home Media other users, and devices through the Internet. Iomega Personal Cloud belongs to only one user so the only user can control it. Iomega Home Media has a built-in media server, DLNA certified UPnP AV server and iTunes, which provides shared access to files on network computers and any other digital device, multimedia, such as game consoles, digital photo frame or connected to a network TV.