Thread: Motorola Droid failed to be a good phone

Motorola Droid failed to be a good phone

However, after owning the Droid for a couple of weeks I realized that with all its elegance Droid glorious completely failed as a phone: the absence of marked departure Bluetooth, as well as recording telephone calls made worthless as phone device. Note that these two features are necessary for any phone and have been there in many of the previous models of Motorola. I have a need for a phone that is primarily a functional phone device while at the same time be smart. Droid, unfortunately, does not comply with the law.

Re: Motorola Droid failed to be a good phone

Failure to record phone calls is a deal breaker? I never had a phone that offers this out of the box. However, a number of recording applications in Marketpace to do this. The Bluetooth issue I agree with you then. This problem an android, but Moto could have done his own work to make this work. Anyways there is not a lot we can do here with signal quality problems. That has to be handled by Verizon service people.

I am absolutely delighted with the Droid. In fact, I never had extra pleasure with a new phone than this. Every phone I've had has had a frustrating weakness, the Droid is no exception. I also agree that it is not for everyone. To put her anguish in a conclusion that does not bother me. Numerically is also false as it has been one of the most successful launches of Motorola since long before there was a Bluetooth headset. I totally disagree with his conclusion that the Droid is not. I understand that people do not like, okay.

I'm in the car with those who love the Droid. I've never been happier with a phone in all my years of owning a cell phone. I upgraded from a Moto Q for the Droid. When I got my Q a year ago I was delighted to own a smart phone, but never "in love" with him. That was fine; served the purposes I needed it for good, but not grab my attention and keep it as my droid has done! There is no comparison between the two devices, unless both are manufactured by Motorola.

Motorola does not seem too concerned in participating and telling people to keep silence. They are letting people do their things, and taking from it what you want. It's bad enough having to put up with Verizon Wireless as hooks Geoffrey seems to want to censor all the bad things people mean. Can you honestly tell me that the features were not added to the Android based on the same type of messages complaining about other phones?

I would tend to agree, as a phone that big. The call quality is terrible unless you are very near a tower, the phone has a problem when switching to 1x for voice and cannot maintain a strong signal unless you are near the tower and not on any building. Not a severe problem with the phone and 1x signal can be enhanced with a firmware fix? I have no idea, but for my part I will not risk being left with a device that cannot make decent calls and more than probably return to the AT & T next week.

I live in the Los Angeles area and certainly have a lot of cell sites. I have had many cell phones in recent years, both analog and digital, and have been familiar with all the complaints that people come with cell phone quality. However, the Droid X is one of the best sounding phones I've used. It rivals the quality of my cable Plain Old Telephone Service at home. Yes, it's annoying to be on the edge of cell site coverage and calls to be intermittent. Mina has worked quite well with one bar and sometimes even without bars! I am very happy with my Motorola phone capability Droid X. Is it possible that your particular phone is faulty? You may have to change it.