Thread: motorola annoucned Droid 2GB update

motorola annoucned Droid 2GB update

Motorola and Verizon (I'm sure that big red is browsing this forum too), have announced changes to Droid 2 X and now the world and yet refuse to provide any information for those of us owning the original Droid 2. As someone who is still experiencing problems with the accumulation of values in Froyo, like many others, and being cheated death with gingerbread in fresh months on behalf of all Droid 2 owners to demand an official thread Motorola concerning the let go date / time to Droid 2.

I'm not even convinced if we're receiving. You possibly will at slightest formally verify that except amazing goes completely ape in testing at Verizon, we're available to get it, and barring any unexpected troubles release info on the future timeline for the update. I'm getting angry as the D2 was quickly replaced by the worldwide and the beyond. The similar go for the R2D2 it was presently a horrifying way to scam $ of Star Wars fans (I’m one of them, but realized that there is value in the version of R2D2).
    I've by now been burn before with the Blackberry Storm was a 'flagship' of the manufactured goods and the D2 at this point, so I'd actually be grateful for as a consumer, a number of genuine communication.

Re: motorola annoucned Droid 2GB update

I know you're angry, but I think this way. Some time ago, none of the Moto series droid had any information on updates to gingerbread. Some leaks out, but got nothing official. Then an employee of Moto published in one of Motorola's support forums that the following devices would get gingerbread.
    • Droid X
    • Droid Pro
    • Droid 2 World
    • Droid 2

It was edited by the administrator to quickly remove the devices mentioned. A day later, Motorola posted a record of changes and started signing people to immersion tests for the Droid X. It was as if the message said it would. People in the forums Droid Pro yelled "What about us??" The people in the world forums Droid 2 yelled "What about us??" People in the Droid 2 forums shouted "What about us?”As is typical, Moto remained largely silent. A few weeks later, the posts start hitting the blogs Android blurred camera shots Droid Pros running gingerbread. It was as if the message said it would. The people in the world forums Droid 2 yelled "What about us??" People in the Droid 2 forums shouted "What about us??" As is typical, Moto remained largely silent. Now the "internets" are burning with rumors (ask a chance blog Android) the Droid 2 Global update gingerbread is complete and will be rapidly. It was as if the communication said it would. As usual, Moto remained mainly silent. I am not supernatural, but I gamble the same prototype continue to play out. For all complaints and comparisons; Gingerbread has been a hard to believe official HTC Droid. Samsung has gingerbread for U.S. phones of any galaxy S? In the U.S., for mobile at large before GB was out is made in the Nexus 1, X Droid and htc Evo 4G. or else, it has only be in a number of new phones, but not all, released long after GB.

Well, if the pathway continues with the extra devices that an employee of Motorola said it would be GB, after that I would speak we are close (this is pure conjecture). Mum's the word from Motorola, and I'm certain for high-quality cause. I would believe those presents are employees who desire and wish to tell us as much as we want to know the information. I cannot say do not worry about details because I do. But in my profession there is an old saying "Hurry up and wait." It has taught me patience, and patience can often be overshadowed by anticipation.

I cannot honestly say I have not tried the leaked version, I can say that I had absolutely no problems so distant in my Droid X gingerbread. Cut and paste is great (from the Xoom, who had first gingerbread), the screen compass reading change is instantaneous, and the phone itself is now very fast! A great deal more good things, but those are the things that caught my concentration straight away after the upgrade.

I cannot truthfully say I included not tried the leaked version yet; I be able to say that I had completely no troubles so far in my Droid X gingerbread. Slice and stick is great (on or after the Xoom, who had primary gingerbread), the screen orientation change is instantaneous, and the phone itself is now very fast! Many more good things, but those are the things that caught my attention immediately after the update.

I'm approximating like you, if I could see the status of my phone, and if you are operational, will be rationalized, date ball park, you can save in Q3, Q4 amazing would be pleasant, or if Moto is departing to leave. You be acquainted with, even if there are problems - that's fine, things happen, but at least communicate with their customers. Otherwise, it will remain as customers. We the "customers" like to be treated fairly, and like to be informed. We "clients" I would also like our questions, does not sound so hard, if you want to keep a customer.

We, the users have experienced numerous failures Froyo as after our last over the air. For some time now - since GB has been released to the public facilities, many have received an update over the air and / or have experienced a version of flight, despite the errors, brought a huge set of bug fixes and accelerations. There seems to be a line must be drawn between the times against the quality of these updates. No reason has to be last in line to receive the upgrade GB. By the time he releases the "quality" upgrade for us, our phones will only be normal garbage, along with the lack of communication - will churn the support of Motorola, is a fact. Conclusion-With any product that I have, I would rather prefer a monthly update to correct some mistakes, instead of waiting several months to finally receive an update that corrects all errors. Now it's up to us to have to deal with the software (now shit) (froyo) on our phones for an extended period of time.