Thread: Toshiba pocket pc e740 is not booting

Toshiba pocket pc e740 is not booting

Right now I am using Toshiba pocket pc e740. I hope that most of you might have seen this device. Yesterday I was synchronizing my pocket computer and unexpectedly my laptop gets low battery and switched off. While I restored power, I understood my pocket pc wasn´t operational any longer. I have reseated the battery and did the whole thing that I know. I have also tried different battery and charger but none of it makes to give life to this pocket PC. I know that my device is not completely dead. It could just a software problem that is causing the whole device not to boot up. How can I resolve this problem?

Re: Toshiba pocket pc e740 is not booting

I had the similar difficulty two weeks before. I finished soft reset, hard reset, and attempt to take away battery... however the whole thing was totally ineffective. I converse with technical support team and they told me that may problem was next to the circuit board, and the resolution was to modify it completely, therefore, comparatively 500 Euros (similar to 400$). Other than purchasing the new circuit board it would be better if I purchase a new one.

The technique of pushing the downward arrow and whilst holding it to carry out a soft-reset will not boot your PocketPC except will build it go into bootloader mode permitting you on the way to flash ROMs. Remain pressing downward arrow still following making the soft-reset pending you observe whatever thing on the display. While you effectively go into bootloader form, you will notice options in order to flash from SD card. Furthermore, you should rename the nbo file toward winceimg.bin and put it inside the root directory of SD card therefore your PocketPC will distinguish it like a ROM image.

That what you see is the boot loader. Apparently has been adopted for some reason the windows. If you're lucky it's a software error. In this case you can use the software on it new bottle. The Star to you and test it on it flashes new windows. You still need to disable Active Sync!

In my company have a Pillao GPS navigation system for my iPaq and curious what it borrowed to test it on my PDA, well after the installation of necessary software, enter the ANA ROM update new version and while performing for some strange reason it gave an error and I stop the installation. The installation VAT per half had not finished and now I'm out of image ROM on the iPaq, so this does not even turn on, nor detect the ActiveSync, which is indispensable to try again to update. I think that all if the devices are same and cannot be fixed easily.

You might have had a software disagreement anywhere. Try a Hard Reset. For this push the reset within through the stylus and push the power key, together by the side of the equal moment. Keep in mind while you hard reset you misplace your entire data. It furthermore must be renowned that a few citizens have had problems through their gadget not functioning correctly following a hard reset. If yours is beneath guarantee ensure you have contact information lest you want to mail it in for repairs.

Yes, it seems to me that the synchronization might have caused your pocket PC not to boot. The only way to repair this device is to send it back to the manufacturer or any authorized center. They might have solution for your device. If they cannot then you should search for a firmware flash or something similar process by yourself. Before going to this process. I urge you to just collect proper information regarding this.