Thread: Hard drive for PS2 (PlayStation2)

Hard drive for PS2 (PlayStation2)

Hello everyone sorry for the trouble, actually lens of my PS2 is quite old and now it has started skipping and even take too much time for loading games, so I am thinking that inspite of purchasing a brand new lenses , so having again the same problem after some time, so better I had plan to purchase Hard drive and I am not able to confirm that which hard drive should I opt for as my PS2 is a modchip including a DmS4 with ToxicOs 0.41, so it will compatible with my PS2 and will allow me to play games without any trouble. Thanks for your every suggestion you are going to give. Please help me to make the decision for buying a new hard drive.

Re: Hard drive for PS2 (PlayStation2)

Yeah you can opt for an any portable hard disk for your PS2 and if you had a FAT in your PlayStation 2 and also if you have a network adapter, there are many site you can search throughout the Google at where you can find the exact supportive drive for which you can opt for, this will give you exact and the right name of hard disk which will be compatible with your PS2, as for reference you can type on Google search engine for “ps2drives”.

As the PS2 usually comes with both formats even in the hard drive and also in memory card format and for extension and playing games you can even connect you computer hard drive with PS2 and then you will able to play the game which are there on your hard disk and for letting it work you will require a adapter network develop from Sony, which you can even locate on PlayStation supply store and you will also require CD hard drive installation disc for that.

You can either opt for internal or an external hard disk which Is actually working via USB drive and might those have some limitation, like you have to root them again for playing game from any copied CD, as if you are comfortable with the Cracking procedure, than there are many hard disk available for PS2 in the market from which you can make decision for using in you PS2, and also you need is a own power supply.

As once one of my friend also having the same question and I has suggested him to go for Maxtor 250 GB in his PS2 and it was installed successfully, so as you are searching for the same, so better you can go for the same, as it was working without any problem and I think the price has just fallen down of this Hard disk, so this is the best time to purchase this Maxtor hard disk, whatever size you want and enjoy the extension.

Let talk about this directly you are looking for the a hard drive for you PS2 so that you will able to load game bit faster and want to avoid any further bugs, so if you had modded you PS2, so unmodded PS2 will not have that much support for it and nothing seem to work out even after any extension, but will only able to play with Backup, you can go for HDAdvance 2.0 from Consolepoint and while my brother is using it and as while after this ADD on it never had any problem in usage, so I think the version of yours and my PS2 are almost same, so this will work for you even.