Thread: Screen of iPad stucked in fixed position

Screen of iPad stucked in fixed position

I am using iPad from last few months. But last night I was watching the movie in the Horizontal position, and when the movie got over then I tried to move it in the vertical position. I don’t know what exactly happened, but now I am unable to move it to the vertical position. Also I want to know from where I can download the application that allows me to view BBC’s iPlayer? Please someone help me to get this issue solved.

Re: Screen of iPad stucked in fixed position

I don’t know exactly about this, but one of my friends had the same issue when he was playing the game in the horizontal position. And when he tried to switch it back to the vertical position then he was not able to move it. Then he found that there was a switch in the iPad on the side which made him to lock the screen and so he was not able to move the screen position. He just moved that button up and he was then able to move the screen position.

I have seen some application that gets fixed in the one position and does not allow you to move the position of the screen you are in. so I think this must be with the application that you are running on. If you don’t think that this is the issue then you might have locked the screen from the side button. So if it is not the application issue then, then try to switch the button on the side of your iPad. And if you want to download the BBC iPlayer then you can get it from the iTunes from the App store.

If you are unable to move the button from side of the iPad, then you can also change the settings from the settings options. Just go on to the general from the settings and then use the side switch. If you see that the side switch is in the mute option then you can change it to the location lock. You can also find the rotation lock from the upper left corner of the iPad next to battery indicator. So you can change it from the settings option.

I think so you might have by mistakenly locked the screen in the position you are. So to unlock it you will find the button above the volume button in the right side of the iPad. Make sure that it is not the orange light. If you are unable to solve this then you can do one thing, you need to press the button present in the top and also the home button. This will turn off the iPad, and then restart it using the button present on the top. This is known as the hard reset, this will surely solve your problem.

Yes, I have solved this. The thing is that I mistakenly made the screen lock when I changed the position of the screen that was there in the side of the iPad above the volume button. I didn’t even know that there is something like that. I saw that the switch was accidentally turned down. After referring to the user’s manually, I made it up and I got it solved. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. This was really very much useful for me.