Thread: Unable to run exe files on iPad

Unable to run exe files on iPad

I have recently purchased the iPad last week. I am very much happy with what I have got. I am feeling it very user friendly. It has many applications that are provided by the Apple App store. But I facing one small problem and am that, when I tried to run the .exe files it is unable to open it. Actually I am trying to get the Cisco VPN established which is an .exe file from the intranet. Also I am unable to load some of the programs from it and also PDF reader.

Re: Unable to run exe files on iPad

I have never needed to run the .exe file on my iPad. I always use the file formats that are supported by the iPad. And I also use to get the files that are required directly from the App store that by Apple. So I have never tried any exe files to install and run on the iPad. But I don’t think that you would be able to run the exe files on the iPad as the exe files are windows based files and iPad is an apple’s products which are two entirely different things.

I don’t know why exactly you want to run the exe files on the iPad. But the answer from me is that you cannot run the exe files on the iPad. Since, exe files are the only made for the windows and run only any of the Windows Operating System and also on the AMD or the Intel processor. You can see that iPad is having its own operating System which is running on the iPhone Operating System with an Apple A4 processor. So it will be surely not compatible with the exe files of the windows.

You can see that exe files which are running are on the Windows Dos based Systems. So if you want to find the files that are iPad compatible then I think you might require the .DMG installation files for the users of MAC. But you cannot install the .DMG files directly on the iPad. To install them you will be required to get the application through the App store from the iTunes or you can also get it from the cydia.

I have heard many people saying that one cannot run the .exe files on the iOS operating systems which run on the DOS or windows Operating System. Also to let you know that one also cannot run the .DMG files, as they have the .pkg files which normally has the compressed files which in turn contains file format .app. So you need to find some other file format that can support the iPad and which can run on the iOS Operating System.

If you want to connect your iPad to the VPN ten follow the steps below to get connected:
    In your iPad you will find the Settings application, so click on it.
    Once you click on the settings you will find the VPN option, so click on it.
    You will find the Add VPN configuration, so click on it.
    You will find a new window, click on the IPSec tab and enter the information in it:
    • Description: TamuVPN
    • Server: vpn-master.tamu.edu
    • Account: Your NetID
    • Password: Your NetID Password
    • Group Name: tamu
    • Secret: tamuvpn
    Before that turn off your proxy server. Once you turn off the proxy server then save the settings. After that you can switch the VPN ON. Once you get connected you will find the VPN icon in the iPad.

Windows that make use of .exe files are highly depended on the .dll and the registry entries other than the preference files (.pref). As you are concerned about the PDF reader then, there is an application called the iBooks that will help you to read the pdf file format books on the iPad. For that you need to “sync” your books by getting into the iTunes. From there just add the files you want to read. If you do not like the iBooks application, then you can find many other applications that will help you to read the pdf files.