Thread: Missing audio device in ASUS eee PC 900HD

Missing audio device in ASUS eee PC 900HD

Hello friends I am using ASUS eee PC 900HD laptop and I was using windows xp in my laptop and some days before I have formatted my laptop because of virus attack in my laptop and after that I have installed windows XP service pack 3 in my laptop. Now after doing that when I check my laptop at that time I have noticed that everything is working fine except my Audio. Now I am not able to get audio in my laptop. Please help me to solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Missing audio device in ASUS eee PC 900HD

I think you have to first check whether your audio device enabled or not. If you want to check t his then you can check this by doing following steps. Open my computer and after that right click on open space and after that click on the properties and select the device manager. Now after doing that click on the audio device and after that check whether sound is enable or not. If it is not enable then first you have to make it enable and after that your problem will get solved.

I have gone through your problem and after that I have to search the solution for your problem. I think you can fix this problem by doing these steps. First you have to insert the driver installation CD of your ASUS eee PC 900HD laptop in your CD ROM and after that install the sound driver from that CD and after that restart your laptop. Now after doing that check whether your audio device has started working or not. I think after doing that you will not find any issue with your laptop.

In my device manger when I checked for the audio device at that time it was showing me that audio device has not installed and there was yellow triangle symbol with exclamation mark and after that I have tried to install sound driver in my ASUS eee PC 900HD laptop by using my driver installation CD and after installing that when I restart the laptop at that time it gave me the same problem. Now please tell me what is wrong with my laptop. please reply me as soon as possible.

If you are not able to solve this problem after installing the drivers from your driver installation CD also then I think you have to download the driver for your ASUS eee PC 900HD laptop from internet and after that try install that driver in your laptop. I think after doing that your audio device will start working again. I was also facing the similar problem and after that I have done same trick to solve my problem and now my laptop is working fine. Hopefully you will be able to fix this problem as soon as possible.

If you don’t know from where to download the drivers for your laptop then I will help you with that. you can download your ASUS eee PC 900HD drivers by clicking here DRIVER DOWNLOAD. Now after clicking on this link you have to select your operating system and then you will get one list of drivers from that you have to select Audio and then you have to click on the Global button and then it will prompt you for download. Now download it and then install it in your laptop.

After trying the drivers from official site also if you are getting the same issue then I think there might be something wrong with your laptop hardware and I think you should try to repair your laptop. I will suggest you to don’t repair your laptop in local hardware shop nut you should visit the Asus service center and after that ask for the solution for the problem which you are facing and then they will fix your issue. if you want any more information then let me know.