Thread: Signal strength is very poor in iPhone 3G

Signal strength is very poor in iPhone 3G

Hey guys! I am using Apple iPhone which I have brought two weeks ago. I have seen that I am always getting a very poor signal in it. Sometimes it even goes off to no service. And when I turn off the 3G, then it will not find any network. I have even tried to restore it but I didn’t find any solution. And once when I opened it the signal gets little bit stronger. Can anyone tell me how do I fix this issue?

Re: Signal strength is very poor in iPhone 3G

I have seen many people facing some or the other problems with the 3G signal. They sometime see that there signal gets more weak and some time it just says no signal. It may happen some times that you get a weak signal if you are staying in a low network coverage area. So check with the network by trying to move on to the high network area. If you still face the problem then try to contact your service provider about this issue.

Have you ever face any of the problems with the any other 3G phones? If no then I think it might be a problem with the phone that you are having. If you face the same problem then visit the nearby AT&T shop and get your phone checked. You can ask them for the change of it, as you will not get the same 3G coverage. If you still face the problem even after getting changed then there must be something with the network towers.

Have you tried to reset the phone or reset the network settings in your phone? If NO, then try to reset it. You can follow the simple methods to change the network settings. You can go to the settings option in the phone and then go to the General option and there you will find the Reset option. When you scroll down the list you will find the option called Reset Network Settings. But make a note that, if reset the settings it will clear all the saved settings.

There are many ways to see that it gets high signal. You can check many ways to find out the issue. The first thing you can do is just disable the 3G network. If this does not work then try to reset the phone. Sometimes just resetting the phone will solve the issue of the network problem. If you still face the problem then change the network settings in your phone. But this will clear all the saved networks including the wifi networks. This might solve your problem to a great extent.

I think that apple is very well aware about this issue. It seems that when you keep the iPhone in your hand, at the back the steel plate has both the wifi and the cell antenna. So when you hold it the strength of the signal gets weak and results on low network. So instead of turning off the phone you can simply use the airplane mode. Once you turn it to the airplane mode then you need to reboot your phone. This will help in increasing the signal strength.

You can try to replace your sim in the phone or place a cell-tape on the sim to get it fully attached to the phone. If this doesn’t work then you can also try giving the full charge to the phone and see as if you have very low battery then it might lose your signal strength. If you still find no solution then the last option is, if you are having the warranty period then try to replace your phone or else you can get the signal booster from the market that will help you to increase your signal strength.