Thread: Iphone 3G stating error 40 in recovery mode

Iphone 3G stating error 40 in recovery mode

Hi, I was using iphone from past 3 months. I’m having iphone 3g which now got struck in recovery mode. I had tried to jailbreak it using tiny umbrella and irecovery it restart the phone and still show the recovery mode. When I’m trying to recover it thought iTunes it gives an error 40. I’m not having any back up and I don’t know which firmware I was using. Does anyone know how to recover it? I’m having an old bootrom in my iphone.

Re: Iphone 3G stating error 40 in recovery mode

Usually iphone with old bootrom come up with the firmware version of 3.1.2. Try to use pre jailbreak and if it doesn’t work then plug-in with the computer and try to do it with the iTunes. It wills re boot your iphone and then it will show an apple logo and then it went to recovery mode. Then it will download and install the appropriate firmware in DFU mode this will surely jailbreak it or recover your iphone. If it doesn’t work then check it in apple website.

I got a solution for you maybe this will help you. 1st log in as an administrator then check your iTunes version make sure you are using the latest version for it. You can easily restore your iphone and get rid from your error. Make sure that you have latest operating system and when you connect the iphone to the computer for recovery then disconnect all other USB after that just check the setting of security and after making recovery restart your computer these are the necessary steps to be followed before making recovery.

According to the apple the error 40 is due to a hardware issue with the iphone and this is caused because of out of date. Make an attempt to restore it and make sure that you are using a good 30-pin dock connecter usb cable. Error 40 maybe be due to missing of Mac address and IMEI set to its default value to 00 499901 064000 0 . There may be network isolation which had caused your hardware to fail down.

You can easily fix an error 40 thought the use of show breeze 2.0.2 which will restore and jailbreak your iphone. These iphone is associated with the Hacktivation iTunes. Hacktivation is nothing but a process which is used in an iphone to activate the other sim which it does not support. You can get snow breeze from the net. You can only use this in 3g and 3gs but not with the iphone 4 and within a few span of time jailbreak for iphone 4 will also available.

I was having the similar issue like. Due to some hardware issue it was showing a black screen and it won’t get start till I use the cable and connect it with the computer it only show the battery sign and charging but it is not even getting the charge. I had even tried to restore in DFU mode but I keep on getting an error 14, 1604, 1601. Every time I try to do recovery it gives one or the other error. I had even tried to recovery it but nothing had helped me out.