Thread: Need to keep song as an alarm tone in iPhone and save money on buying ringtones

Need to keep song as an alarm tone in iPhone and save money on buying ringtones

It is so frustrating I can’t use a song as an alarm. I don’t know why. It would be too effortless. So I went and purchase DRM of iTunes to make a ringtone to use and it doesn’t work for that song. And I do it again, buy another, and another, and one more. I’m not going to keep buying songs because my friend told me I can make ringtones, when it isn’t actually true. So is this possible to make own ringtones from songs and rather save money on purchasing ringtones.

Re: Need to keep song as an alarm tone in iPhone and save money on buying ringtones

So do not buy ringtones then? This is all a scam to be paid twice for the same song IMO. There are plenty of ways to make your own. That's how I made mine: Take your song (eg MP3) and use iTunes to select the portion you want with the Start / Stop Get Info. Limited to 30 seconds or whatever. Use Convert Selection to AAC. Right-click the new AAC file, go to "Show in Finder". Rename the file extension. M4r, and delete the list of AAC in iTunes. Now click the file name which is added as a ringtone, and syncs with your phone. Sounds like a complex process, but actually only takes about 1 minute to do.

Re: Need to keep song as an alarm tone in iPhone and save money on buying ringtones

I agree with you buddy. Even I was thinking the same. There are many software’s available on internet with free of cost so you can download any of them and you can easily record the songs by setting the time limit such as 30 sec or more as per you want. Also see to it that there is a column made for the ringtone icon. Thus always come across before you buy. Or else you can buy from Amazon drm free.

There is one more tool available in the internet but I am not sure whether it is free of cost or you need to purchase it. The tool is Garageband which is used to make ringtones from any songs. The ringtone made can be added in your iPhone and you can set it as your alarm tone. Now-a-days a latest version is also available in the market. You can try it. This is amazing since I have tried it. Just try this tool.

If unable to transfer ringtones in your iPhone and if you don’t have convert to AAC selection then I think it’s due to your iTunes favorite your encoding is set up as somewhat as well. If you vary your Import settings in your preferences, to AAC you should then have that option when you right click a song. Well you can also try myxer.com. Just sign up for an account, load an mp3, cut a section out, download, and drag to iTunes ringtone folder.

The iTunes music store is a complete cheat, if you ask me. You can purchase the actual CD or about the same price you can get on iTunes and get so much more! You get all the audio fidelity of a CD professionally produced and printed, and the full prospectus. I would never be stupid enough to pay the price for DRM enforced equality, the lossy audio formats, with no physical product to prove it.

So you can visit audiko.net. This is a great website where I have all my ringtones. It even lets you convert audio from YouTube ringtones. The download directly to iTunes as well. Import into garageband and then export it as a ringtone. You can try this in Windows Movie Maker if op does not have a mac. There are millions of tutorials for this on YouTube. So you can see there are many options to do that and you can try them all and see which one suits you.