Thread: can Zaurus ZR-5800 work with Windows 7?

can Zaurus ZR-5800 work with Windows 7?

Hi I have been using my Sharp Zaurus ZR- 5800 PAD from past one year, but recently I have a problem using it. As I purchased a new computer and apparently it does not have a floppy drive and I software of Sharp Zaurus ZR- 5800 is on a floppy disk, but as mention that my computer doesn’t have a floppy drive I am not able to copy that software! Does anyone know from where I can download the Zaurus software for free and does it work with work with windows 7?

Re: can Zaurus ZR-5800 work with Windows 7?

One more thing that I forgot to ask that, I wanted to know that what kind of adapter I will require, to use IR device with the USB port on my computer. As my computer also has IR adapter for wireless connections, but as my computer has only USB connections so will I need a additional drive for it? Please help with your suggestions so that I can use my Sharp Zaurus ZR- 5800. I would be thankful for any help give by anyone.

I would like to tell you that you’re Zaurus ZR- 5800 PDA seems to be too old to get any of the new software work on it so I don’t think that that the software you are trying to use will work under Windows 7. Whereas Infrared(IR) is much similar to that of wireless system. IR was successfully during early days before the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections were out and today very few computers and Laptops have IR connection as the new generation PC’s and laptop has discontinued IR connection in favor of Bluetooth. And it is not meant to be used with a USB port.

Hi even I have been using Zaurus from past few years and I have become a great fan on Zaurus. I have been using Zaurus ZR-5000 that is quite similar to yours ZR-5800. Even today I prefer using Zaurus other than using any of new cell phones. As Zaurus is very useful even today. Even I have been looking for a answer for my Zaurus as from where I can download an application called Z-Finance? This application is based on finance that can be used on Zaurus. Does anyone help me in getting this application? Thanks.

Thanks for replying. I agree that my Zaurus has become old now, but I still feel good using it. As after doing some research about Zaurus I found that there are still many people using Zaurus. There are much more applications for Zaurus and some are made even today for it out of which most of the applications work under Windows 7. But the only application that I am looking for is that can transfer all my files from my Zaurus to my computer and from my computer to my Zaurus, as I was transferring with my old computer.

Hi Zaurus users. Like you all even I m a big fan of Zaurus and I would be very happy if I could help you all. Anyways I would like to inform you that there is a company named as “Rupp technologies” that designs software and it has designed a software named as "rupplynx" that works perfectly with Windows 7, Windows XP, and Vista. Kindly get the 6.1version that will fully support with your Zaurus. Hope this information helps you. Good luck.