Thread: How to disassemble T2010 tablet and apply thermal grease

How to disassemble T2010 tablet and apply thermal grease

Hi, I’ll say I am come with another how to. I own a lifebook that’s T4220, and in that I have some problem regarding the overheating in the cooler, so I have decided to apply thermal grease on the cooler. But I don’t know how to do that as I haven’t done it ever so rather I would say I am the newbie to this, so I want to know about it, like which material would be best to apply and the stepwise procedure to do the same. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: How to disassemble T2010 tablet and apply thermal grease

Well, I would say that’s great as you have decided that to apply this material on the tablet, but still along with that as you have mentioned that you haven’t done it ever I would say you should not do it on your own, or rather you can do this under the Expert person with you, But as it seems that you won’t have anyone so I would like to recommend you that you should give it to some technician who Is expert in this, not to do it on your own.

I am agree with the above user, but as you have decided to do it on your own I would like to tell you the procedure as first of all you have to remove its battery and then remove the pen from its silo. And after that remove the keyboard but before that you have to remove a synthetic plate over the keyboard. And then release the noses, but remember all the parts from where you’re releasing so that you can easily attach it again. and after that you can simply apply those thermal grease, and there are also so many material that you get, so take while applying that and then reattaching the hardware’s.

See there might be so many different screws with different colors like the five red one and other four yellow. After unscrewing them you can simply Remove the whole heat sink outside the tablet, after removing the sink you should first of all clean all three chips and then only you should apply thermal grease and build everything back together, the process is too tricky so it’s better to note everything that you do from the starting.

According to me you should visit the service center for these you have mentioned that you are not aware about this, because this is very essential part of the machine, and if suppose you apply the material wrongly then this will lead you to damage that particular hardware, so it’s better to take it to the service center rather then to do it on your own, I am suggesting this to you because I have this mistake already.