Thread: WLAN not found in Nokia E65

WLAN not found in Nokia E65

Hello everyone. I am posting this thread on behalf of my friend as he is not good with computers. He is facing issues with his Nokia E65 mobile phone. It has been a very irritating thing now. We have already spent hours in find the cause of the problem, but with no success. We are trying to access WLAN from his Nokia E65 mobile but everytime we are accessing any website, I get the WLAN not found error. Can anyone help me find out the reason for the occurrence of the following issue and how I can solve it.

Re: WLAN not found in Nokia E65

The first suggestion which I would like to give is to check out your Wi-Fi connection and confirm it whether it is working perfectly fine or not. Also make sure that the router connection is proper and you are receiving enough of signal to get connected to the WLAN connection. In order to cross check, I would also suggest you to try connecting another device to the existing WLAN and check the connection. By doing so, you will be exactly come to know where the problem is, whether it is with your mobile or the Wi-fi connection which you are trying to connect

According to me you might have not installed the necessary settings in your Nokia E65 mobile phone. So, I would suggest you to make sure that you have started the WLAN wizard which comes preinstalled in the Nokia E65 mobile phone. You can start the wizard by going to the following location: Menu > Connection > WLAN wizard. You can also visit the following location in order to check whether the network is connected or not: Menu > Connection > Connection manager.

Make sure that you have entered correct details in the settings. Click on main Menu and then click on Settings option. Now click on Connection and the on the Access points. Now insert the right settings for your access point. But make sure that you are disconnected from the network when you are changing the Access point. You can also change the DNS, IP address and Proxy server address according to your network. You can change these settings from the Advanced settings under Options.

I also faced this issue, with my Nokia mobile. There was some issues with the user settings which was causing the problem while trying to connect with the WLAN. So to delete the following settings, I performed Hard Reset of my netgear routers. You can perform the Hard Reset by entering the *#7370# key in your mobile and then hit the call button. If asked for password, enter your security code and complete the process. Make sure that you have taken back up of all the important data before you actually do the Hard Reset.

According to me your mobile is faulty. The Firmware of your mobile seems to be corrupt. So, I would recommend you to do update the firmware of your mobile and then check out whether the issue is solved after you are done with updating the firmware of your mobile. You can do the firmware update by connecting your mobile to the computer with Internet connection. Make sure that you have installed the Nokia PC Suite in your system.

The problem can also occur, if your Nokia E65 mobile phone is having any kind of hardware issues. So, in this case nothing other then repairing your mobile phone from an expert will help you solve your problem. So, I will recommend you to visit the nearest Nokia Care Center and submit your Nokia mobile to the staff of Nokia Care. There, the technical people will be able to find the main reason behind the problem in your mobile and solve it as per the issue.